Job Vacancy Telecommunications Specialist-Associate TekSynap
Job title: Telecommunications Specialist-Associate
Job description: Responsibilities & Qualifications
Overall Description: Responsible for the design review of the Fort Detrick Engineering Directorate (FDED) Military Construction Army (MCA) telecommunications construction design plans. Design reviews ensure that MCA project package meets the I3A Criteria, UFC 3-580-01, and ANSI/TIA standards for common user data and voice communications; and is cost effective, technologically current, and meets users networking requirements while satisfying Government policy. Engineering, design, or technical reviews of all design packages shall comply with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and with the Department of the Army (DA) regulations, I3A Criteria, Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), USAISEC Directives, and local command policy. Reviewer is responsible for an estimated 15 reviews completed in a 30-day period; therefore, multiple packages may need to be reviewed concurrently. Reports daily to the Telecommunications Specialist-Senior for review status and issue resolution. Must be skilled at network design implementation including interpreting blueprints, network diagrams, and have a firm understanding of network components and infrastructure. Must have good written and spoken communications skills. Must be detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Complies with prescribed customer, industry, and agency standards.
- Develops required specifications and solutions for simple to moderately complex problems.
- Coordinates with TekSynap’s PM, and Government stakeholders (e.g., COR, TM, PM, etc.) and user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters.
- Planning, performing, and documenting assessments of network design hardware for unclassified services to ensure proper application of the network design.
- Preparing After Action Reports (AAR) and/or Trip Reports as needed for occasional travel that document the approaches/actions taken, results, issues, recommendations and supporting rationale.
- Developing and/or implement design evaluation methods and procedures.
- Producing formal documentation of recommendations for executive briefings.
- Planning and tracking for change implementation tasks.
- Creating, reading, interpreting necessary supporting configuration artifacts such as network maps, detailed designs, test plans, operations readiness test reports, device configurations, and maintenance processes and procedures.
- Provides unfailing awareness of safety including accident avoidance, safety risk recognition and mitigation, and proper responses to safety risks and incidents.
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret (Tier 3) or the ability to obtain Interim SECRET eligibility
- Education: BA/BS in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of related network design experience
- Knowledge of the Military Construction – Army Program and its various phases.
- Experience performing Information Technology and Telecommunications design reviews.
- Experience in implementing DoD specific IT policies, processes, and procedures with reference to their area of expertise.
- Set consistently high expectations of quality and performance.
- Use critical thinking and reasoning to make decisions that benefit the entire team.
- Show notable attention to detail when managing projects.
- Approach decision-making without bias.
- Provide strong written and verbal communication
- Sensible presentation and technical writing skills
- Work Schedule:
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- US Citizen
We are seeking a Telecommunications Specialist-Associate (Design Reviewer) to join our Fort Detrick, MD based Military Construction Army Design Review Team.
TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond “STOP”.
Additional Job Information
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Detrick, Maryland
- Type of environment: Primarily office with the possibility of occasional telework.
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday.
- May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Citizenship: US
- Clearance requirement: DoD Secret (Top Secret/SCI preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Location: Fort Detrick, MD
Job date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 06:06:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!