Job Vacancy Telecommunications Project Lead – Korea General Dynamics
Job title: Telecommunications Project Lead – Korea
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Suitability: No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Project/Task Management
Certifications: Certified Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Professional (GISP) – GIS Certification Institute, Certified Network Defender (CND) – EC-Council, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security – Cisco Systems, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CySA+) – CompTIA, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) – Global Information Assurance Certification – GIAC, SSCP: Systems Security Certified Practitioner – (ISC)2
US Citizenship Required: Yes
GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for a Telecommunications Project Lead to provide engineering solutions, installation expertise and training for USFK in Korea. Successful applicant must have an active U.S. Government issued Top Secret clearance, be a self-starter, and have a high degree of telecommunications knowledge.
How the Telecommunications Project Lead will make an impact:
– Design, specify hardware and supervise the installation of NIPRnet, CENTRIXS-K and SIPRnet networks, to include tunnel networks.
– Develop technical project plans, reports, briefings and administrative reporting.
– Provide lifecycle planning of UHF, VHF, and HF tactical radios with training on the new hardware.
– Attend customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
– Direct and control activities for the customer to ensure that technical requirements are met.
– Facilitate discussions and consensus among the various project stakeholders.
– Design radio over IP (RoIP) solutions to extend the radios over SIPRNet.
– Provide IT project management for radio room communications in specific facilities.
– Work closely with the customer to capture project scope, objectives, priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
– Use Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Acrobat, AutoCAD, and other software to generate network designs, build BOMs, create reports, prepare presentations, etc.
– Manage the team’s work schedules and provides guidance to the team.
– Responsible and accountable for the cost, schedule and performance of all assigned projects.
– Conduct site surveys to prepare for network upgrades and to produce distinctive work packages for implementation actions.
– Troubleshoot and repair network connectivity on numerous devices, to include routers and switches in a telecommunications room.
– Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
– Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
– Develop and communicate expectations, project risks, mitigation strategies, cost estimates, and evolve project plans as risks materialize and priorities evolve.
– Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to make an impact:
– Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
– Superior writing and communication skills. Must write succinctly and clearly and explain complex situations in plain English to technical and non-technical audiences
– Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills. Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives
– Bachelor’s degree and 10-20 years related telecommunication and information technology experience is preferred.
– CCNP or higher and a PMP are desired.
– 8570 IAT Level II certification.
– Active U.S. Government TS/SCI clearance.
– US passport valid for at least 2 years.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: 75-100%
Telecommuting Options: Onsite
Work Location: International
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Location: USA – Korea
Job date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:39:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!