Job Vacancy Telecommunications Project Engineering Supervisor – NAIC4 World Wide Technology
Job title: Telecommunications Project Engineering Supervisor – NAIC4
Company: World Wide Technology
Job description: Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 9,000 individuals and closed nearly $17 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the 12th consecutive year!
A Brief Overview
Work with internal partners and customers to provide qualified staff for our North American Integration Center (NAIC) services engagements. Additionally, the supervisor will be responsible for developing a strategy and plan to handle future growth in the various technical verticals through resource capacity planning, training, and process improvement. The successful supervisor will also provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the direct reports within the engineering department as they execute their assigned engagements.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Perform resource capacity planning for the pipeline of engineering engagements.
- Coach and mentor engineering staff on best practices and ensure staff is qualified and adequately trained.
- Serve as the engineering escalation path for Program Management, PS, and Sales support teams.
- Facilitate a fair and effective hiring process as required.
- Evaluate processes and recommend changes to drive higher quality and greater efficiency & resource capacity and utilization.
- Help meet forecast demands through effective scheduling and assignment of employees.
- Ensure achievement of Customer requirements through effective solution execution
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Provide input to drive business decisions around headcount, expenses, and overtime in order to perform appropriate cost scaling.
- Complete performance evaluations and employee assessments to include individual development plans, short term goals and long-term goals.
- Conforms with quality control audits and coordinates corrective actions as needed.
- Exercises sound judgment ensuring that SLA’s and KPI targets are worked towards and met by monitoring daily, weekly, and monthly departmental goals.
- Research customer impacting issues at a level to be able to provide root cause and corrective action.
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities.
- Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Effectively collaborates with cross functional teams to escalate issue resolution, share service status, and other instances as required by the business and daily goals.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface is maintained.
- Engaged fully with enabling policy, process, Standards and Governance
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Related Field preferred
A minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in a related field preferred
Experience with planning, designing, and executing network hardware and software infrastructure
Understanding infrastructure configurations according to vendor and industry best practices and standards
Familiarity with Local and Wide Area Networks and Data Communications
Understanding of server platforms
Familiarity with network design fundamentals, and initial setup and configuration tasks associated with common OEMs such as Cisco, Juniper, etc. is desired.
2 years of hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Telecommunications issues preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Resolves issues by diagnosing problems, determining possible resolutions, and implementing effective solutions.
Demonstrates the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources and activities to achieve specified outcomes within a clearly defined timeframe and standards.
Identifies documentation needs and develops technical reference documentation in accordance with standards and styles.
Communicates with clarity and precision, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate.
Serves in a “player coach” role by managing, reviewing, and conducting the day-to-day work in a specific technical domain area; applies domain knowledge to develop solutions to problems.
Leverages technical knowledge of products to meet customer needs and understands market segments as well as market data trends. Demonstrates a concern for accuracy and thoroughness so that sufficiently detailed information is logged correctly.
Is this role an individual contributor or does it have direct reports?
This position manages people
Level of Autonomy
Works with minimal direction toward predetermined long-range goals. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired results. Takes calculated risks.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 00:10:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!