Job Vacancy Telecommunications Operator MedStar Health
Job title: Telecommunications Operator
Company: MedStar Health
Job description: The MedStar Montgomery Medical Center Telecommunications team is seeking a full time Telecommunications Operator to join our team. This department is open 24/7 and would require a rotating schedule of day and evening shifts, as well as rotating weekends. Some overnight shifts may be required as well. Operates PBX consoles including physicians’ answering service and hospital paging systems. Processes calls, for Medstar Montgomery Medical Center and Physician’s Answering Service.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years Experience with multi-line or computerized answering service preferred.
- 1-2 years Computerized answering service as PBX operator preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to read write and speak English clearly
- Basic computer skills for data entry
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Bilingual in conversational Spanish is a plus but not required
- Technical: Answers, processes and documents all incoming calls to the hospital and the physicians’ answering service. Answers and processes incoming calls utilizing specified call answering structure in a timely manner. Directs incoming console calls to the appropriate department/person.Assists in-house callers with placing outside calls as needed. Supplies patient information, information about meetings, directions to MMMC, etc. as needed. Announces pages on overhead paging system for physicians, personnel or authorized public announcements and maintains appropriate related documentation. Locates physicians, personnel and visitors in meetings, etc. when paging is not adequate under urgent circumstances. Responds to emergency calls on a priority basis. Alerts hospital personnel to emergency code situations according to established procedures and completes related documentation. Monitors alarm systems for fire, ETO, security, blood bank, medical gases and notifies appropriate personnel when alarms are activated or for other reported emergencies. Documents/relays messages received on the physician answering service per established procedures and provides caller information as needed.
- Administrative and Support: Performs administrative duties and provides support as needed. Provides and documents the release of patient TTY and volume control telephone equipment for hearing impaired persons. Updates Physician Whereabouts information in the XTEND database as needed. Assists with training of new hires as needed.
- Development: Identifies learning needs and proactively engages in advancement of knowledge. Participates in training and development activities. Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the department. Meets all mandatory obligations.
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between departments. Participates in departmental projects. Participates in interdepartmental activities when asked. Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions
Location: Olney, MD
Job date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 07:57:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!