Job Vacancy Telecommunications Operator City of Pearland
Job title: Telecommunications Operator
Company: City of Pearland
Job description: Are you prepared to answer the call? The Pearland Police Department is seeking telecommunication operators to work in our dispatch center.
In this position, you will receive calls for service from citizens regarding police emergencies, fire, EMS, and other City services. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring radio channels, answering incoming calls to 911, and dispatching communications to the appropriate units.
The Telecommunication Operator earns a competitive hourly salary of $21.18 – $22.93 based on qualifications.
HOURS: 12-hour shifts – must be available to work any shift required. Shifts will be 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and 6:00. m. to 6:00 a.m. and this will include working on weekends and holidays.
Additionally, the city pays all premiums for our employees’ dental, long-term disability protection, and life insurance plus the majority portion of the medical premium for employees and their dependents. We also offer a retirement plan through the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 2:1 employer match, life insurance, disability, access to the city’s recreation fitness center, employee assistance program, educational assistance, 9 paid holidays and 2 designated paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, and an active wellness program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
ABOUT THE CITY OF PEARLAND
Pearland is one of the fastest growing cities in Texas due to affordable housing, outstanding schools, safe neighborhoods, and superb quality of life. Ranked as one of the top ten safest cities in Texas, Pearland residents know their families are safe and secure in the community and surrounding areas. Our close proximity to Houston, just a short 20-minute drive to downtown, allows residents to experience all the city has to offer including professional sports, world-class cultural amenities, and recreation.
- Manages all radio traffic on multiple channels; dispatches calls; gives in-progress updates for emergencies; checks status of wanted people, stolen articles, and vehicles; enters and manages computer-free motorcycle units.
- Answers in-progress emergency 911 calls by managing irrational or hysterical callers while extracting safety and suspect information; makes critical decisions for time-sensitive situations; prioritizes answering above all other operations.
- Takes non-emergency calls including giving information about warrants and vehicles; answers questions about the city and law enforcement; acts as a hub for communications and routing calls for all police specialties and City operations.
- Enters and manages all TCIC/NCIC records including criminal warrants, stolen vehicles, stolen articles, and stolen license plates; verifies hits from outside agencies for all these records.
- Manages and disseminates constant flow of official police teletype communications that include area-wide safety alerts, attempts to locate or apprehend, sending warrant holds, or other official means of communication between police agencies.
- Acts as a liaison and coordinates with other agencies about jurisdiction, meet locations for prisoner transports or pick-ups, paging SWAT; handles all police callouts and various City call outs such as animal control and traffic lights.
- Verifies and manages municipal and criminal warrants with outside agencies including constantly updating the warrant status, verifying location of prisoners, sending holds, and sending releases.
- Validates all TCIC/NCIC records in a monthly check of all updated information for each individual TCIC/NCIC record entered.
- Operates multiple programs and utilizes all public and City resources to research information like current addresses and phone numbers.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent.
- Requires one-year telecommunications or closely related experience.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- CPR Certification
- Notary Certification
- Basic – Telecommunications Operator Certification (required within one year of hire)
- Intermediate Telecommunications Operator Certification preferred.
Expected salary: $21.18 – 22.93 per hour
Location: Pearland, TX
Job date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 23:57:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!