Job Vacancy Telecommunications Network Tech II CenterPoint Energy
Job title: Telecommunications Network Tech II
Company: CenterPoint Energy
Job description: CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Telecommunications Network Tech II to join our Network Management and Operational Performance Team, located in Houston, TX.
You will have the ability to: under broad direction, provides network management, monitoring, remote troubleshooting, and maintenance activities associated with CenterPoint Energy’s Smart Grid, Telecommunications MPLS, and Corporate Network as well as point-to-point dedicated circuits. This includes but is not limited to: configuration, remote maintenance, troubleshooting, trending analysis, and reporting on the various Communication Networks as well as ancillary devices such as batteries, alarm points, communications devices, etc. This network provides data transport services throughout the CenterPoint Energy Service areas.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Subsides metro and parking discounts
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Monitor and remote maintenance of routers, Cell relays, Point-to-Multipoint radios, switches, multiplexers, microwave radios, and other components of communication equipment.
- Conduct network troubleshooting to isolate problems or improve network performance using network management tools: HP NNMi, HP Open View, DPS NetMediators, CTC and other tools as they become available to pro-actively troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues as well as outages.
- Provide support, testing, and troubleshooting to technical client base.
- Effectively communicate problem status to clients, team members, and support groups.
- Effectively communicate coordinates, and dispatch field technicians, peers and carriers to complete installations and to resolve communication failures.
- Provide information to Techs such as measuring signal-to-noise, signal-to-noise ratio, signal distortion, jitter, frequency levels, peak-to-average ratio, 300 to 3,000 frequency run, E&M signaling, bit error rate, tip/ring/ground resistance, loop back testing, smart jack testing, modem set up features, CSU testing, measuring and adjustment of decibel levels on circuits and microwave radios.
- Work in an After Hours ON CALL Rotation in sequence with all other members of the Telecommunications Team.
- Open trouble tickets and work with Carriers to troubleshoot and coordinate repair of circuits.
- Employ various auto-generated reports such as: the 50+ Report, Missed Reads Report, GIS Diagnostic Tool, Syslog Server, RSSI Report, and others to pro-actively assess the health of the Smart Grid and IG Networks as well as troubleshoot outages.
- Create Service Now and SAP Notifications for each and every issue worked and complete data input thoroughly.
- Assign SAP Notifications to appropriate support teams such as: Radio Communications, Electric Control, as needed.
- Develop and maintain written SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) that specifies how various job and work functions are performed.
- Generate daily reports as needed or required.
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Must have 3-5 years of Telecom/Network experience.
A bonus to have:
- CCNA certification
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 01:05:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!