Job Vacancy Telecommunications Field Technician Timmons Group
Job title: Telecommunications Field Technician
Company: Timmons Group
Job description: Job Description
Timmons Group is currently seeking a Telecommunications Field Technician in our Ashburn, VA office location. The Telecommunications Field Technician will work with leading electrical and telecommunication companies to inspect assets and provide analysis of infrastructure. This position is a field based role and requires candidates to be outside most if not all day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Collect GPS Positions, photos and attribute data for utility data related to electric and telecommunications assets in the field.
- Comfortable working outside independently in challenging conditions daily
- Ability to walk moderate distances carrying equipment
- Comfortable engaging property owners and discussing the data collection task and its necessity
- Manages data files daily to ensure data integrity and data security
- Interprets map information to determine the best approach to efficiently surveying project area
- Meets or exceeds overall quality control standards established by the client
- Maintains equipment by caring for and providing basic troubleshooting
- Works in an efficient manner while requiring limited supervision
- Responsible for basic maintenance and care for company vehicle
- Works cooperatively with other GIS Field Surveyors, Field Supervisors and/or Project Managers to complete assigned work
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ideal candidates will have working knowledge and experience with data conversion using ArcGIS, AutoCAD or Microstation
- Must be able to assist the GIS Analyst/project manager in researching and recommending new methods, equipment, or programs to better accomplish tasks
- Good oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate technical information, ability to research, interpret and summarize data
- This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter; flexible, detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For”. We help government and private clients alike to scale and grow through GIS services. With over 30 years providing expert GIS services, our award-winning team is ready to provide the flexible services to meet the needs of any organization. Our service expertise ranges from traditional GIS architecture and system configuration to custom application development to Enterprise Asset Management. We pride ourselves in being technology professionals that differentiate our services with unrivaled customer service. We are dedicated to solving challenges and helping our clients achieve their vision. For more information, visit www.timmonsgis.com.
Location: Ashburn, VA
Job date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 05:09:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!