Job Vacancy Telecommunications Equipment Installer I CED Systems
Job title: Telecommunications Equipment Installer I
Company: CED Systems
Job description: The Telecommunications Equipment Installer I is responsible for the installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment for a variety of carriers. This includes fiber, transport equipment and all critical infrastructures within a central office. This role will provide high-quality service in customer technical spaces including data centers, mobile telephone switch centers, central office wire centers, and designated enterprise spaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overtime and Saturday may be required based on business need.
- Physically place, remove, or modify non-working equipment:
- Cable trays and/or racking
- Data equipment cabinets and frames, data servers, switches, routers, repeaters, bridges, gateways, multiplexers, transceivers, firewalls
- Identify, label, measure, and physically route the cables that supply AC and/or DC power or transmit data in various technical spaces.
- Read, analyze, and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Complete operations paperwork (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, job documentation, etc.) including daily job status reports as requested.
- Work and assist to complete tasks per direction and oversight of lead installer.
- Act as a customer contact; interface with customers and local supervisors regarding project status
- Interact with all members of the organization including Installation, Engineering, Project Management
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Adhere to, promote, and accept responsibility for compliance to Federal and Local Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, Industry Consensus Standards, and KGP Injury and Illness Prevention Program Manual.
- Participate in job site safety/hazard analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required, technical or college degree preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft programs, IOS and/or Android applications
- need to have ATT UIDs
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Good mechanical aptitude including usage of basic power tools.
- Willing to travel is required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record and proof of insurance is required
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to transport minor job-related tools and equipment to work locations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Team Member Discount Program
- Referral Program
- Certification Training and Assistance
Location: Newark, NJ
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:48:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!