Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer Universal Service Administrative
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer
Company: Universal Service Administrative
Job description: Why Work Here?
Our mission to achieve universal service addresses America’s current critical needs to build out broadband capabilities for telehealth, online learning, and keeping families connected. Join us and help USAC accomplish our mission to bridge the digital divide. Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Additional information on USF programs can be found at:
USAC supports our employees well beyond their salary with a system of benefits that rivals the top organizations in the country. Simply put: if you are committed to improving the lives of others, we are committed to improving yours. USAC provides low-premium, top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision insurance in addition to disability and life coverage. Generous 401k contribution, Federal and floating holidays, paid sick leave and vacation time that increases every year. Regular telework schedule and opportunities to take professional development courses and training.
A Multicultural Team
We have actively built an organization that doesn’t just celebrate our diversity; we depend on it. The challenges of achieving universal service require creative and unique perspectives. Our accepting and inclusive community will challenge you to grow and learn from others while always recognizing the value of your contribution.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.
As USAC continues to support universal service impacting health care providers, educators, and consumers, it is critical now more than ever that we hire people equally passionate and committed to helping fulfill our mission. We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as an Advisor of Telecommunications Engineer within our Audit and Assurance team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Telecommunications you will:
- Support the audit and assurance teams in technical and programmatic issues including compliance relating to telecommunications and other policy-related concerns, including conducting site visits to observe the networks or other equipment.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Telecom Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support for all components of the program. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and documenting programs and processes aimed at maintaining FCC rules compliance for wireless and fixed technologies. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the audit and assurance teams in the knowledge management of telecommunications infrastructure and technology and other relevant emerging. This includes:
- Fully understanding of a Telecommunications Broadband Infrastructure systems.
- Understand the design capacity, testing, and optimization of wireless/wireline networks technologies to provide management with recommendations and
- Working knowledge of various Fixed Wireline technologies in both copper and fiber-based technologies, Capacities and Best Practices
- Technical advice on the implementation of technical requirements for verification and audit or assessment of participant-provided wireless and fixed wireline data for voice and broadband
- Technical knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: SD-WAN, MPLS, DWDM, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center, Metro Ethernet, ATM, VoIP services and collocation
- Knowledge of evaluating the performance requirements of Internet Service Providers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors
- Technical advice on the documentation and diagrams of a Network infrastructure specifications for Rural Healthcare, Schools and Libraries in High Cost areas and provide inputs related to parameters, policies, standards and procedures
- Conducting field visits to confirm the presence of covered equipment that may be deployed in Central Offices, Outside Plant, Data Centers, customer premises (CPE), cellular huts, wire closets, and switching rooms
- Planning and coordinating the activities of engineering contractors and external audit firms, and provide technical guidance in the completion of audits to ensure USF recipients’ compliance with relevant orders and rules
- Leveraging knowledge of network equipment and infrastructure to review audit documentation and make recommendations to management on potential areas of non-compliance
- Evaluating the technical considerations of audit findings and results to validate audit conclusions
- Evaluating and providing technical advice on the documentation and diagrams of network infrastructure specifications for Rural Healthcare, Schools and Libraries in High Cost areas and provide inputs related to parameters, policies, standards, and procedures
- As the telecommunications and networking SME, formulate and execute a set of comprehensive analytical methods for discovering, positively identifying, and physically confirming the presence of covered equipment in select networks from listed companies, especially from Huawei and ZTE.
- Develop and deliver customized technical training and workshops for nontechnical team members covering telecommunications infrastructure, technologies, operations, trends, and business practices.
- Collaborate with FCC on technology and technical matters as it relates to Audit and Assurance Division. Leads technical telecommunication reviews of all FCC orders and Identify impact that potentially affect the audits and assurance cases.
- Support the process of collecting and analyzing data sets aligned with business needs and strategic initiatives. Identify patterns and trends to help make real-time decisions and recommendations about compliance in order to reduce waste, fraud, and
- Generate and present a variety of reports, graphs, summaries, and presentations that deliver analytic results.
- Effectively communicate and explain technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences including Senior
- Supports Audit and Assurance Leadership with development and implementation of strategic initiatives to enhance operational capabilities and
- Strong preference for Telecom Engineer or Technical Account Management people from Network Service Provider, such as ILEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Audit and Assurance division.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) and relevant training and certifications in Telecommunication, electrical Engineering, and/or other relevant technical training and certifications in Telecommunication, electrical Engineering, and/or other relevant technical training and
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of professional, directly related experience.
- One (1) to Two (2) years of business leadership experience.
- Four (4) to Seven (7) years of direct work experience in network engineering, with a firm understanding of design, procurement, deployment, operation, and decommissioning of telecommunications and enterprise IP networks.
- Minimum Three (3) year of experience with fixed wireline technologies, GIS software, testing equipment, packet capture and analysis, geo-processing tools, and drive testing and data
- In-depth knowledge of network technologies such as: SD-WAN, MPLS, DWDM, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center, Metro Ethernet, ATM, VoIP services and collocation, and last-mile access (FTTx, HCF, DSL, and DOCSIS).
- Comfortable researching technologies, especially reviewing standards documentation from ITU-T, MEF, IETF RFCs, Telcordia, and the Broadband Forum (TRs).
- Experience with sourcing or inventory management of telecommunication equipment and components of network infrastructure.
- General knowledge of the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF)
- Network and Central Office Planning knowledge is a
- Strong preference for Telecom Engineer or Technical Account Management professionals from Network Service Provider, such as ILEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills including the ability to take initiative and independently and effectively prioritize
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects from initiation to completion.
- Ability to develop action plans and organize workload, of self and others, to accommodate competing deadlines and projects.
- Excellent analytical and proven problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
USAC is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. All offers of employment with USAC are conditioned on completing and passing a background and reference check. USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No agencies please.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 03:21:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!