Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer (Shipboard Alarming and Announcing Systems) Credence Management Solutions
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer (Shipboard Alarming and Announcing Systems)
Company: Credence Management Solutions
Job description: Overview
Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer with subject matter exptise in engineering, design, and integration of shipboard Interior Communications with a focus on shipboard alarming and announcing systems (i.e., 1MC/5MC/6MC) installed on USCG afloat assets. The candidate must also be able to support shipbard navigation sytems and sensors, such Automatic Direction Finders (ADF) and Doppler Speed Log (DSL). A strong technical and engineering background in shipboard electronics is desired.
The Telecommuications Engineer shall have ten (10) years of relevant experience and current experience in engineering, design, installation, integration, and corrective maintenance of shipboard Command Control and Communication Systems. Technical experience with four of the following equipment/systems/sensors/programs or like systems: Alarming and Announcing Systems (A&AS), Automatic Direction Finder (ADF), Doppler Speed Log (DSL), RADAR, Encrypted Automatic Identification System (EAIS), Electronic Chart and Display Information System (ECDIS), Electronic Chart System (ECS), VEGA, Flight Deck Video System, CCTV, Visual Augmentation Systems, Cutter Video Recording Systems (CVRS), Electro Optical Infrared systems (EO/IR), Electronic Navigation System (ENS), and Scalable Integrated Navigation System (SINS), and their integration with Machinery Plant Control and Monitoring Systems (MPCMS), Dynamic Positioning Systems (DPS), and Track Controller/Autopilot systems.
Provides expertise in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications to draft reports, emails, presentations, and possess a thorough knowledge of performing independent research. Develops or reviews engineering drawings to provide red-line corrections for “as built” configurations. Responsibilities include preparation of designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems. Coordinates, develops, and delivers System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC), Engineering Change (EC), and Time Compliant Technical Order (TCTO) related interface design and documentation.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications to draft reports, emails, presentations, create system architecture and integration diagrams, and possess a thorough knowledge of performing independent research.
- Provides USCG C5ISC System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) support to include artifact development and System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) preparation and delivery.
- Provides USCG Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC) Engineering Change (EC) and Time Compliant Technical Order (TCTO) coordination and development.
- Conducts site surveys for Alarming and Announcing systems (A&AS), navigation systems and sensors on USCG afloat assets; assembles and delivers subsequent survey reports
- Provides lifecycle engineering and sustainment support for Alarming and Annnouncing Systems, to include obsecelence research and mitigation strategies, recapitalization, EC and SELC documentation development, site survey, system integration design, testing, and implementation.
- Establishes the system integration design through development and delivery of Interface Design Description (IDD) documentation, interface diagrams, system Bill of Materials, (BOM), and ancillary drawing redlines.
- Develops and executes the System Operation and Verfication Test (SOVT) and Project Test Plans (PTP) to support field and lab related test events.
- Supports First Article Test (FAT) efforts for navigation systems and sensors on USCG afloat assets and in a laboratory environment.
- Conducts Engineering Test Assists for navigation systems and sensors; observes and supports Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) test events
- Lifecycle risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Conducts research and studies necessary to identify and implement technical hardware and software solutions as required.
- Develops and delivers Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) or Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) integration and engineering design solutions.
- Conducts hardware and software light off, testing, evaluation, and resolve system issues as required.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight to Installation Activities (IA) during system testing, prototype, and/or production events.
- Provides on-site, phone, and email support for the purpose of technical corrective maintenance to resolve system casualties.
- Expert level knowledge of shipboard electronic system installation and integration process and applicable Government standards.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting and corrective maintenance involving complex IC and electronic navigation systems.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors Degree in the field of System, Network, or Telecommunications Engineering with four (4) years of relevant and current experience.
- Education may be substituted as follows:
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards. Demonstrated Expert with ten (10) years of concurrent, relevant experience in engineering, design,integration, corrective maintenance and installation of Command, Control and Communication Systems.
- Extensive working knowledge of USN, USCG, or commercial shipboard Interior Communications, focusing on Alarming and Announcing systems is desired.
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Job date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 03:55:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!