Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer/Scientist GovCIO
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer/Scientist
Job description: Overview:
GovCIO is currently hiring for a Telecommunications Engineer/Scientist. This position will be located in Charleston, SC and will be an onsite position. Responsibilities:
Provides installation, technical expertise, and training for all telecommunications equipment and components related to Navy Fixed Very Low Frequency (FVLF)/Low Frequency (LF) high powered broadcast systems. Installs, configures, terminates and tests all telecommunications equipment, cables, connectors, and interfaces. Performs intricate alignment and calibration procedures to ensure telecommunication systems are operating efficiently. Maintains telecommunication equipment and component inventory, asset management, media production equipment and facilities as well as fixed installations at various company and/or client sites. Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation. Recognized as an expert in design, field modification, test, and evaluation of FLVF/LF transmitters, antennas, and antenna tuning systems as a senior engineer responsible for commissioning and/or leading major modifications of current generation FVLF/LF radio transmitters. May supervise telecommunications technicians, outside contractors providing technical support and media production services.
- Responsible for engineering and/or installation activities within the telecommunications function including network design, engineering, implementation, diagnostics and operations/user support.
- Monitors the operation of telecommunication network systems and transition mediums.
- Performs complex tasks relating to telecommunication network operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Serves as technical specialist for the resolution of complex network problems.
- Provides field reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s with 12+ years (or commensurate experience)
- Clearance Required: Secret
- 12 years of experience in research, design, development, commissioning, testing, and evaluation of C4ISR requirements, to include:
- Technology analysis and assessment
- Design definition
- Development of Systems Specifications
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Architecture
- Systems/Equipment Integration
- Test & evaluation criteria
- Logistics support
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can’t do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things – for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors. Posted Salary Range: USD $185,000.00 – USD $199,000.00 /Yr.
Location: Charleston, SC
Job date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 07:06:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!