Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer Mavensoft Technologies
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer
Company: Mavensoft Technologies
Job description: Job title: Senior Telecommunications Engineer (On-site)
Duration: 6 Months (Contract)
Location: Portland, OR
Purpose of the job
- Design and troubleshoot telecommunication network systems in support of electrical system operations.
- Responsibilities include design and provisioning documentation of telecommunications equipment, including microwave radios, fiber optic terminals, multiplexers, and network switches.
- As well as circuit channelization design and specifying carrier services from telecommunications providers.
- Complete design of data communications systems, wiring schematics and equipment configurations. Create system diagrams and provide scoping for substation, generation, and load interconnection projects.
- Write equipment specifications, construction statements of work, purchase requisitions, and participate in procurement lead bid events.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Work with external utility, local, county, state, and federal agencies to satisfy jurisdictional and/or regulatory requirements.
- Serve as project lead for internal and external construction resources to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Provide technical expertise in one or more domains. (e.g. Microwave Communication, Optical Transport, Ethernet Networks, etc.)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of two years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
- Minimum five years of applicable telecommunications or networking experience.
- Advanced knowledge of TDM, packet, microwave radio, and/or fiberoptic communication systems.
- Advanced knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions, and major vendor