Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer John Wood Group
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer
Company: John Wood Group
Job description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Telecommunications Engineers in the oil and gas industry. This position will be in the Houston, TX Office supporting offshore & onshore projects. Will consider local candidates only.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments (including more complex tasks) with some guidance and direction from more senior technical professionals. Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks
- Develop select engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions
- Design overall telecommunications systems and develop block diagrams, plan drawings, installation details, wiring diagrams and fabrication drawings
- Fiber Optic network and distribution, Trunked Radio systems, Public Address and General Alarm system, Wireless Access system, IP Networks, Structured Cabling, Video Surveillance, Access Control
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Work collaboratively with the Electrical Engineering and Design Teams
Skills / Qualifications
This is a mid-level opportunity and successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of industry codes, telecommunications regulations and standards applicable to the Oil & Gas / Refining industries, and experience supporting offshore projects
- Ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to technical and commercial issues uncovered during course of performing assignments
- Accountability for results. Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
- Ability to be a team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a mix of professional experience and training
- Minimum five to 15 years of electrical / telecommunications engineering experience within the utilities and / or oil and gas industries preferred
- Strong ethical standards. High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative. Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 03:48:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!