Job Vacancy Telecommunications Engineer II – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Telecommunications Engineer II – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer II to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon. The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, management, and T&E of multiple complex virtualized applications supporting the FENS DT-G testbed. You will work alongside other lab engineers to plan and conduct T&E to verify FENS compliance with contract requirements. All activities will be planned and conduct in compliance with the FENS Program schedule.
- Develop T&E plans, processes and procedures for formal T&E of FENS requirements IAW the FENS CMTP
- Support system design and configuration activities of servers, network devices, virtualized operating systems and applications, as required
- Oversee the installation of FENS server hardware and software applications within the FENS testbed to support T&E of safety critical functionality and security framework
- Closely monitor FENS system and server performance and results during T&E
- As required, provide technical support and guidance to FENS lab team members for system integration including hardware, software, network configuration, and database management
- Engage with vendors for application specific installation, configuration, and overall management
- Maintain currency with current and new application features and enhancements; work with test engineers to plan and test new systems and functions within the FENS T&E environment
- As required, support the diagnosis, analysis, and resolution of complex system and application problems
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 6-10 years years of relevant experience
- Able to plan and implement virtualized server environments, configure VMWare, Windows and Linux based operating systems, and install a wide variety of specialized hosted applications
- Knowledge of FENS, NAS, and telecommunications T&E processes and troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to develop and analyze T&E scenarios and FENS system configurations for T&E
- Ability to analyze situations and make recommendations on solutions
- Ability to analyze T&E scenarios and system configurations during T&E
- Knowledge of FENS and/or telecommunications testing processes and troubleshooting methodologies
- Experience developing and optimizing server architectures
- Experience developing scalable, high availability systems with disaster recovery
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to analyze a process and provide improvement recommendations
- Knowledge of database and SQL environments
- Problem solving skills – provide efficient and effective troubleshooting of technical issues that arise.
- Critical thinking skills – the ability to analyze situations and help make important decisions related to the IT infrastructure.”
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 05:07:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!