Job Vacancy Telecommunications and Security Designer DLR Group
Job title: Telecommunications and Security Designer
Company: DLR Group
Job description: We are an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
operates within a hybrid work model, supporting flexibility between office time and work from home.
The team has an opening for a Telecommunications and Security Designer.
Location: Any of our DLR Group offices with Telecommunications-Security Design practice presence – preferably one of the below locations:
As a Telecommunications and Security Designer at DLR Group you will be responsible for preparing the design of telecommunications Network Infrastructure, Electronic Security Systems, and other Low Voltage Systems from schematic design through construction administration on a wide range of building types.
As part of our integrated design team, you will create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You will be responsible for participating in the design process of technology systems, preparing detailed Telecommunication and Security documents and calculations.
We know that our only way to grow is by hiring and keeping the best talent in our industry. If you feel like we are a good fit for you, tell us by applying!
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Develop low voltage designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare low voltage design calculations and layouts.
- Prepare detailed low voltage reports and narratives.
- Coordinate low voltage design requirements with architecture, structure, mechanical, electrical, and other disciplines.
- Experience with Building Construction documents.
- Experience with BIM (e.g., Autodesk Revit) and AutoCAD workflow.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- The ability to work within an active, multi-disciplined environment.
- The ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Ability to design, and detail security and life safety solutions in conjunction with in-house architects, engineers, and specialty design staff.
- The ability to understand security and life safety goals and design approaches, including SSTV/CCTV, Access Control, and Electronic Intrusion Detection.
- Availability to travel for job meetings, site visits and project interviews, as appropriate
- Proficiency with a PDF mark-up tool (such as Bluebeam).
- Experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm as a low voltage designer for Commercial Educational (K-12 and Higher Education), Civic Projects, or Government projects (State or Federal).
- Experience with sustainable building design.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the Evaluation/Design of Physical Security and Life Safety Systems.
- Experience in facility types that coincide with the firm’s market channels, which include Government, Healthcare, Corporate, and the Performing and Cultural Arts.
- A degree from an accredited Higher Education institution in a field(s) relevant to security and life safety system design, including engineering, or other related discipline.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 05:03:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!