Job Vacancy Telecommunications Analyst Aquarion Water Company
Job title: Telecommunications Analyst
Company: Aquarion Water Company
Job description: Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for more than 750,000 people in 72 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and among the seven largest in the U.S. Based in Bridgeport, CT, it has been in the public water supply business since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.
This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of Aquarion’s corporate-wide telecommunication needs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations involving voice switches, carrier services, vendors, and technologies supporting Aquarion’s voice infrastructure. Main contact for all incidents, requests and maintenance related to voice platform.
- Perform telephone switch maintenance including upgrades, patching, add/moves and changes supporting 400 users.
- Understand capabilities and perform changes to Ring Central Cloud Solution maximizing feature utilization to benefit business.
- -Provide operational support to Aquarion’s call center technologies including routing, IVR, call recording and chat functionality.
- -Manage all aspects of cellular services including cell phone and accessory purchasing, deployments, service providers, billing and plans. Negotiate and recommend carriers and contracts for both cellular phones and cellular wireless data for business critical use.
- Manage a wide variety of UC & Telephony systems including PBX/VoIP systems, SIP services, IVRs, Ring Central, Microsoft Teams, conferencing, fax systems, cloud platforms, cellular repeaters and emerging technologies.
- Maintain accurate records of topology associated with the company’s voice infrastructure.
- Review and approve monthly telecommunication bills for vendors providing company-wide services totaling approximately 1.7M annually. This includes periodic auditing of all services and reconciliation of all bills as well as annual budget creation.
- Under general supervision, participates in decisions on technical direction, architecture design and product selections for the enterprise telecommunications/networks systems.
- 5+ years of increasing telecom responsibilities in voice telecommunications background including UC & Telephony systems (PBX/VOIP, SIP, IVR’s, etc).
- Proven technical and thought leadership for implementing telecom solutions.
- Hands on experience with voice switches and call center technologies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, creative, and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Experience with Microsoft O365 and cloud services.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, concepts, and protocols to include qos, voip, SIP, Lan/Wan/SD-Wan routing protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field experience.
Job is classified as an exempt position with an annual salary range of $69,920 to $87,400. After 3 months of successful employment, a hybrid option is available (3 days in the office/2 days remote)
Aquarion requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Aquarion’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Aquarion does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Aquarion Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Expected salary: $69920 – 87400 per year
Location: Monroe, CT
Job date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 22:39:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!