Job Vacancy TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Martinsville, VA) Martinsville
Job title: TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Martinsville, VA)
Job description: JOB TITLE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNTS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, TELECOMMUNICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: GRADE 15
SALARY: DOQ ($59,868 MINIMUM)
NATURE OF WORK
This position is responsible for providing superior technical assistance and customer service to MiNet Solutions Telecom customers. This position will participate in resolving and tracking customer issues; responsible for communicating with the Plant Manager to ensure proper and timely responses; assist in providing contracts to new customers and reviewing existing contracts to better serve the MINet customer base. In addition, this position will assist in researching new and innovative technologies that will better enhance MINet Solutions’ Technologies.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Meets with managers and service users to assess current systems, determine telecommunication needs of the customer, explain the costs and benefits of available options, prepare preliminary proposals that meets the customer’s needs.
- Provides ongoing technical and operational assistance for telecommunications systems serviced by MINet Solutions, and provides consultation and assistance as assigned to MINet Solutions Customer Base.
- Assesses Moves, Adds and Changes of telecommunication equipment by: obtaining written estimates and authorizations, contacting vendors to schedule service or purchase equipment, invoicing users for services.
- Trains end users in the use of various kinds of telecommunication equipment in a classroom environment and individual on-site settings.
- Responds to technical emergencies when needed either from home or office.
- Effectively communicate to and develop rapport with customers. Evaluate customer’s existing and potential product needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate thorough & recent competitive knowledge of features, benefits, product differences, pricing, campaigns for Digital Video, Internet, Voice and Home Automation services.
- Relay MINet’s products and pricing models, as well as competitive advantage over other service providers.
- Evaluate competitive offers and frame response to show the benefits of MINet.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and appearance.
- Solve and or Escalate customer problems (technical, product, billing, etc.).
- Resolve or serve as intermediary to resolve service issues with MINet Customers.
- Ensure each interaction with our customer, results in complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Assisting in maintaining records and preparing required reports relevant to the operations of telecommunications.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and enthusiasm around technology, especially around MINet Solutions products, Applications and services
- Assist writing technical specifications.
- Generate reports as required
- Attending training events as required
- Track and update service order tickets
- Perform related work as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF WORK
- Associate’s Degree in technical field with 2+ years’ experience or Four-year degree in Technology field or related experience
- 4 years of experience as a telecommunications analyst, computer technologist, or similar position.
- Proficient in using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient understanding of telecommunication suite of products and services (Telephone and Internet services).
- Adept at using technology
- Must have good communication, presentation, organizational, and people skills.
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to work extended hours at times
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel and customers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented setting
- Strong organization, time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to keep up with new aspects of business and technology needs
- Above average technical, computer, and telecommunications experience.
- Experienced in programming/installing and maintaining Ethernet and computer networks.
- Above average computer skills with high emphasis on Office Suite.
- General optical fiber knowledge or experience.
- Experience in general telecommunications.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel on all levels.
- Above average problem solving/analysis skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to proficiently distinguish between the following colors ‘”Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Grey, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Pink, Aqua”
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is performed mainly in an office environment, on site customer premise, and Telecommunications Room, with exposure to a moderate level of noise from computers and peripheral equipment. Staff may view a computer screen up to 5 hours a day.
Must possess valid Virginia driver’s license.
This is a full time position
Expected salary: $59868 per year
Location: Martinsville, VA
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 00:01:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!