Job Vacancy Telecommunication Supervisor – Philadelphia Three Saints Bay
Job title: Telecommunication Supervisor – Philadelphia
Company: Three Saints Bay
Job description: Ocean Bay, a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, and a Federal Government Contractor industry leader, is seeking a Telecommunication Supervisor
- Provide quality control and continuity for dispatch operations for regions covered by the
FPS MegaCenters. Supervise all aspects of operations regarding all rules, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Review dispatcher performance ex post facto by auditing events, radio transmissions,
alarm responses and phone calls on a daily basis, following up with dispatchers regarding
any issues found. Answer questions and provide guidance to dispatchers when needed.
- Review and sign off on all dispatcher training documentation.
- Perform yearly performance evaluations of all dispatch personnel. Administer corrective
actions as needed, and complete supervisory-related administrative duties with
minimal oversight and assistance.
- Maintain and administer the dispatch schedule ensuring proper shift staffing for 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week operations. Organize and administer the biannual shift-bid for
- Maintain confidentiality of information read or heard while performing as Supervisor.
- Review and approve time and attendance.
- Deal with the public, government employees, and other law enforcement agencies
using radio and telephone communications. Provide for a high level of customer
service skills to government stakeholders and customer agencies, specifically offering the
best possible service in all situations.
- Verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner on both telephone and radio
- Receive and correctly process emergency communications by telephone and radio
transmissions, alarm monitoring software, Alarm System and Telephone Deaf Display
- Compose accurate entries in MS Word and MS Excel programs. Must be able to type
35 words per minute with less than one mistake on average.
- Monitor the primary MegaCenter email address and respond quickly to communications
from headquarters, FPS field personnel, local management, and stakeholder agencies.
- Troubleshoot all equipment issues, including radios, computer hardware, software and
furniture and report to appropriate personnel. Coordinate yearly preventative maintenance
on all radio resources with radio subcontractors, FPS radio technicians and FPS officers.
- Maintain a constructive working relationship with FPS field personnel by fielding
questions and complaints and following up on both. Complete requests for voice
recordings for FPS personnel, compile and review all recordings before dissemination.
- Complete all duties for any staff members whenever staff has to leave the dispatch area
and handle all issues for non-supervisory staff when they need assistance.
- Monitor the National Criminal Information Center (NCIC) for BOLOs, Hit
Confirmations and Officer Safety Bulletins nationwide, and direct that information to the
appropriate regions. Track and maintain NCIC verifications, Criminal History
Information, FPS warrants, purges and audits for all records entered by MegaCenter
- Conduct mission continuity “failover” testing with sister MegaCenters. Regularly attend
staff meetings. Conduct weekly conference calls with each region’s command staff,
fielding questions and concerns and providing feedback to FPS personnel.
- Research and provide responses to inquiries, issues, and/or complaints.
- Receive after-hours alarm department phone calls and assist customers with alarm-related
- Receive and forward subcontractor information regarding equipment outages.
- Maintain logs to track equipment impairments and outages so that the radio and IT
groups have a comprehensive background of what occurred while they were not in the
- Compile and disseminate nightly and weekly reports detailing all FPS activity for the
day/week to regional command staff and headquarters personnel.
- Perform periodic satellite phone testing including coordination of testing with field
- Complete other tasks/projects as assigned by the Contract Program Manager or
- Provide a monthly report on all service work accomplished during the previous month by
the 5th work day of the month following the performance of the work
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a 911 dispatcher or similar function in an emergency
- Excellent phone skills
- Be able to handle filing and other administrative duties
- Knowledge of a 24-hour emergency communication center including familiarity with
public safety functions and concerns and of the public safety communication’s
environment, demands, requirements and related laws, regulations and systems.
- Supervision – Knowledge of leadership techniques, principles and procedures to assign
work, schedule, supervise, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
services. This includes meeting established quality standards.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Uses logic and reasoning to analyze, understand, and
evaluate complex situations. Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
approaches or solutions, to a situation. Exercises appropriate judgment in establishing
priorities. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Develops and maintains cooperative and professional
relationships with employees at all levels, representatives from various departments, and
outside agencies. Effectively responds to and resolves complex inquiries and disputes.
- Computer Skills – Utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and
related software with reasonable speed and accuracy.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 07:24:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!