Job Vacancy Telecommunication Project Leader 1 M.C. Dean
Job title: Telecommunication Project Leader 1
Company: M.C. Dean
Job description: The Telecommunication Project Leader works independently on small to medium sized projects or as part of a larger, more complex project. Is responsible for the overall administration, organization, design, and implementation of a project. A Project Leader is highly proficient in managing the entire spectrum of the project lifecycle from initiation up to close out. Is a key player from proposal to implementation. Provides solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Leading the design and deployment of Information Transport Systems and telecommunications systems.
- Establishing and implementing procedures and controls to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Performing site surveys and conducting design reviews.
- Assisting the project Superintendent and Engineering in the preparation of project documentation requirements, project layout, and field office support.
- Managing Subcontractors related to M.C. Deans installation scope.
- Developing and maintaining resource-loaded project schedule in MS Project.
- Coordinating and running a project kick-off meeting (PKOM) and key monthly project (KPR) reviews.
- Forecasting cash flow and manpower needs for projects.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, project specifications and project schedule.
- Working with the project team to develop budgets with cost codes for allocating manpower to the schedule for foreman level tracking.
- Researching and compiling submittals, identifying/pricing change orders and preparing estimates for projects.
- Preparing a design/build project estimate based on basis of design criteria.
- Meeting with customers to present proposals and cost estimates.
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Capable of writing detail RFPs and Scopes of work.
- Understanding and following bid procedures and bid forms.
- Conferring with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Coordinating the acquisition of all materials, monitoring tool and equipment requirements with the project team and the warehouse.
- Coordinating all required permits and licenses for projects and ensuring all inspections are handled correctly and in a timely manner.
- Overall financial management of the project (s).
- Responsible to keep the profitability at and/above budget.
- Assuring a timely completion of a project including the completion of punch-list items, the submittal of accurate as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and the completion of all training and other administrative requirements of the contract documents.
- Monitoring project budgets in order to ensure positive cash flow and to maintain profitability.
- Responsible for all Indirect and Direct Labor productive and staffing needs.
- Responsible for all financial reporting and cashflow for the projects
- Responsible for change orders tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for all Risk Management Activities including identification, tracking, mitigation
- Identifying opportunities for cost-saving measures, quality improvement and incorporating best practices.
- Ensuring Project Reviews are complete, and all information is accurate.
- Developing detailed safety, procurement, staffing and equipment plans.
- Manage Quality Control and Assurance efforts to ensure compliance with documents and client needs.
- Ensuring all safety regulations are adhered to.
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- U. S. Citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- Supervise Construction Project Managers and perform PM duties on construction projects.
- Maintain operational and administrative control for construction projects.
- Extensive Project Management experience managing teams and monitoring multiple projects at any given time.
- 7-9 years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
- Managing projects as a Project Lead for 5+ years.
- Experience working on telecommunication and electronic security projects ranging from $500,000 to $10M.
- Experience installing Information Transport Systems.
- Experience working with management systems such as scheduling, job cost reports, estimating, safety, documentation requirements, and quality control.
- Experience using MS Office Suit, Sophisticated Project Management, CPM Scheduling, Cost, modeling, and AutoCAD software.
- Experienced in up-front project involvement with engineering firms, the client, and General Contractors.
- Proven track record of successful projects.
- Has Managed diverse groups on projects that involve multi-discipline knowledge for example: Fire Alarm, Communications, Security, AV, Power, and Instrumentation.
- Prepares status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to the business requirements.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to senior management.
- Must have strong interpersonal and writing skills and be a problem owner/solver.
- Can direct cross function teams to reach mutual agreement to meet business objectives.
- Able to work in a diverse environment, with personnel having a range of backgrounds.
- Strong analytical thinking to evaluate options and directions. Can facilitate change and communicate effectively.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Experience overseeing and approving monthly job cost updates, productivity reports, and quarterly cash flow projections.
- Proficiency in the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling method and General Contractor Schedules.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends.
- Up to 25% travel, must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:08:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!