Job Vacancy Telecommunication Lab Technician Henry Ford College (MI)
Job title: Telecommunication Lab Technician
Company: Henry Ford College (MI)
Job description: Job Description Summary
Henry Ford College presents an opportunity for a Telecommunication Lab Technician.
Telecommunication Lab Support Person: Supporting students in lab environments in the various areas of our HFC Telecommunication Program. Duties included but are not limited to managing students’ equipment needs, troubleshooting equipment issues, working with instructors for studio set-up and breakdown, equipment checkout, lab and studio maintenance, program promotion both internally and externally, and overall support of the Telecommunication area and our students outside the classroom.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Associates of Arts in Media Communication, New Media, Film or Media Arts, or related degree, or 30 credits of Media coursework or minimum of 2 years of experience successfully working in the field.
- Working knowledge of editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro
- Working knowledge of camera usage, studio set-up, and strong computer use
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro
- Experience working in the field as an independent contractor or for a media-related company
- Teaching experience – Social media skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing students’ equipment needs
- Troubleshooting equipment issues
- Working with instructors for studio set-up and breakdown
- Equipment checkout, lab and studio maintenance
- Logging and tracking equipment inventory
- Internal and external program promotion, and overall support of Telecommunication instructors and students in the TCM lab and studio facilities as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 00:35:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!