Job Vacancy Telecommunication Construction Laborer Dycom Industries
Job title: Telecommunication Construction Laborer
Company: Dycom Industries
Job description: Job Description:
Overview and Essential Functions
Prince Telecom LLC is a national leader in the telecommunication industry. Our mission is to build an industry leading organization that provides the highest quality work and the Telecommunication Construction Laborer is an integral part of the process. This position will work with crews performing general labor duties related to telecommunications construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor. The Construction Laborer is responsible for routine construction related activities such as pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable TV wires as well as directing traffic flow.
- Load and unload parts and materials to stock and maintain construction equipment
- Throw 1-2 lb. weighted rope over elevated cable lines, and tree branches
- Pull lashing equipment down cable lines to secure wires
- Use pounding equipment to install grounding rods and anchors into ground
- Assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable TV wires
- Operate chain hoist to add tension to cable and wires
- Operate vehicle, following all safety and traffic regulations
- Direct traffic flow in accordance with local D.O.T. guidelines
- Safely utilize various construction hand tools
- Follow all OSHA safety and Prince Telecom safety requirements, with or without supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to follow direction from Management
- Knowledge of state and local safety regulations on the job site
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20′ in height
- Willingness to travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- This position may require travel overnight
- Follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- Use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- Report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift. May require walking on uneven surfaces for periodic periods throughout the day. Work is performed near roadways, electrical lines, heavy equipment and uncontrolled vehicles.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, safety vest and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Benefits and Company Summary
What you’ll get…
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select programs
Who we are…
Prince Telecom’s commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation’s largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, Prince Telecom affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. Prince Telecom offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At Prince Telecom we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Location: Sumner, WA
Job date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 06:19:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!