Job Vacancy Technical Specialist Associate – Radio Frequency R&D Ball Corporation
Job title: Technical Specialist Associate – Radio Frequency R&D
Company: Ball Corporation
Job description: Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we’re passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world’s greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Specialist Associate – Radio Frequency R&D
This position will have integrated RF and Control Electronics as its area of specialization.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, read, and review schematics that incorporate RF Electronics and Control Electronics for RF components.
- Review, build, troubleshoot and repair technically difficult assemblies that incorporate and integrate RF, digital control and mechanical functions and interfaces.
- Write process documents to establish and maintain processes for handling, assembly and control of integrated RF and control electronics assemblies.
- Mentor more junior technicians in techniques and processes.
- Set up technically difficult board and system level testing of RF, digital, power, antenna range and environmental tests.
- Make decisions about designs and test configurations based on interpretation of test data.
- Maintain an orderly and effective laboratory space where various engineers and technicians execute their work.
- Assignments may be diverse, rapidly paced, and technically difficult.
- Will develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Requires basic competency in core RF and electronics skills and figures of merit.
- Must interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Ability to address customers’ needs, when to volunteer and when to defer actions to responsible engineer.
- A demonstrated understanding of process and process compliance and the ability to participate in process audits and corrective actions.
- Skills in machining, soldering, autoclave processes, potting and ESD sensitive processes.
- Capability to use circuit schematic simulation for digital and RF circuits (e.g., Microwave Office) is desired.
- Proven expertise with the following equipment: spectrum analyzer, PNA, Power Amplifier, RF Signal Generator, DMM and Oscilloscope is desired.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $29.09 – $39.42 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Expected salary: $29.09 – 39.42 per hour
Location: Westminster, CO
Job date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 07:32:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!