Job Vacancy Technical Customer Support Motorola Solutions
Job title: Technical Customer Support
Company: Motorola Solutions
Job description: Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department Overview CMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
The PremierOne Records Management System (RMS) Technician will be responsible for various customer supporting functions and products including customer RMS systems, related services, interfaces, and other various ancillary systems. Basic network and infrastructure knowledge will contribute to a successful position. Knowledge of the PremieOne application is a plus. Primary duties will include acting as the primary point of contact for customer support – working within a ticketing system to handle assigned customer issues. Duties will also include working with the Engineering teams to enter and classify defects based on identified issues. The candidate must have excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills.
What you will be able to do:
- Solve problems by identifying the root cause of a reported incident; either application use or product code.
- Gather data that will aid in code fixes specific to the customer’s environment, and/or defects identified within a specific product.
- Support customers who depend on the records management system needed to keep their public safety operations running.
- Implement best practices that best suit a customer based on their needs and business processes.
- Builds expert knowledge in the Mission Critical Software and Public Safety Solution Industry.
- Work with various teams including Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success groups.
- Utilize relationships amongst Motorola teams to identify and determine the best approach to support customers, their systems, and everyday needs.
- Understand IBR, processes and workflow.
- Actively utilize the support ticketing system used to update customers on incident status, next steps, and resolution of an issue.
- Be a member of a team who supports mission critical systems during off hours on a rotational schedule.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 2+ years of Technical Customer Support experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server, MS Ops Manager, and Desktop Operating Systems.
- Works well as a single resource, as well a member of a team.
- Ability to represent yourself and the company with the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to pass stringent background checks based on local and Federal fingerprint submissions.
- Ability to participate in on-call duties for off-hour issues on a rotational basis.
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving RMS applications.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Applications, Servers, and SQL Database Server environments.
- Basic Network and Infrastructure knowledge. Experience with Firewalls and routers; F5 and Fortigate preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, networking, and third party components preferred.
- Previous knowledge of the PremierOne Application Suite is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and or 5+ years of Technical Customer Support experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions’ customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Travel Requirements 10-25%
Relocation Provided None
Position Type Experienced
Referral Payment Plan Yes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:39:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!