Job Vacancy Tech Specialist 2 (Telecommunications) M.C. Dean
Job title: Tech Specialist 2 (Telecommunications)
Company: M.C. Dean
Job description: Telecommunications Technical Specialist 2
The Telecommunications Technical Specialist 2 position may include Bids & Proposals Development, Design Documents Coordination and Development, Construction Documents Coordination and Development, Field Coordination, Commissioning, and Testing for Telecommunications Information Transport Systems. telecommunications low voltage systems, and associated infrastructure for small to large scale projects. The primary role of the Telecommunications Technical Specialist is to coordinate with customers, other trades, and manufacturers to identify, translate, and integrate project requirements into engineering submittal documents and planning documents.
These engineering submittal documents can include but is not limited to proposal design drawings, project narratives, site survey reports, requests for information, device and pathway floor plans, telecommunications spaces enlarged plans, one-line/riser diagrams, detail drawings, specifications, cable schedules, product data, bill of materials, labeling plan, cable acceptance test plans, system acceptance test plans, operations and maintenance data, and record documents.
The Telecommunications Technical Specialist 2 shall also create, maintain, and manage various engineering planning documentation including but not limited to design document logs, engineering schedules, technical reference libraries, criteria compliance matrices, and other soft documents to support the design and construction of the project.
The Telecommunications Technical Specialist 2 will support the project throughout its entire lifecycle from award to close-out by: performing site surveys, managing the engineering documentation, contributing to and upholding the telecommunications project schedule, supporting cost estimation efforts, coordinating with field staff to answer constructability questions, coordinating with the relevant trades to develop integrated solutions, maintaining the quality control process for engineering submittal documents and field installation, and providing creative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to resolve construction issues discovered after the design phase.
- Work and communicate effectively and efficiently with the customer, general contractor, trades, manufacturers, and telecommunications project staff in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Interface with client and other project team members on a regular basis to ensure project goals are being met and to mitigate risk
- Provide or assist in the design and coordination of telecom infrastructure requirements for other systems (CCTV, access control, fire alarm, building automation, etc.)
- Provide or assist in the design and coordination with other trades of Low Voltage Systems requirements to include public address systems, distributed antenna systems, and emergency phones
- Interface with suppliers and manufacturers to keep up-to-date on the latest technologies and equipment available for projects
- Develop a working knowledge of and the application of relevant sections of NFPA codes, ANSI/TIA Standards, BICSI manuals, and other relevant documents and standards
- Assist in project bids through take offs, proposal development, time estimates and close-out documentation
- Read and interpret statement of work, design drawings, project specifications, and project schedule
- Perform site surveys and conduct site visits, as required
- Develop, respond to, and maintain various project documents including, but not limited to, Requests for Information (RFI), criteria compliance matrices (CCM), Technical Reference Library (TRL), Drawing Design Log (DDL), labeling plans, testing plans, project specifications, cable run lists, test results, construction drawings, design studies, test results, and various other project deliverables and documentation
- Use AutoCAD and Revit to produce detailed design and construction drawings (floor plans, enlarged plans, detail drawings, etc.) based on the project’s criteria
- Produce and coordinate construction drawings for modular construction applications
- Perform and check various telecommunication calculations (conduit and cable tray fill calculations, cable quantities/distances, etc.)
- Create, document, and assist with the management of project specific IMMS instances
- Review test results for compliance with project specifications.
- Use Bluebeam to perform peer, technical, and coordination reviews for all engineering submittal documents
- Review design, drawings, and other deliverables produced by less-experienced engineers to ensure that M.C. Dean and industry standards are maintained
- Be actively engaged with the project quality control process and produce reports based on observations made on site visits
- Provide support, mentorship, and instruction to less experienced engineers
- Assist in management of engineer resources as they relate to projects
- Assist of lead low voltage system testing in a lab environment
- Commission and Test low voltage systems in the field
- Perform minor supervisory duties as it relates to less-experienced engineers and project management
- Assist project management with construction activities, as required
- An Associate’s degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited University with a minimum of 6-8 years experience in the telecommunications industry.
- A High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 8-10 years experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain a US security clearance
- Possess and demonstrate a basic understanding of EIA/TIA standards and NFPA Codes
- Possess a working knowledge of passive (structured cabling systems and their components)
- Possess a working knowledge of active (Public Address Systems (PAS), Sound Masking Systems (SMS), Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Area of Refuge Systems (AoR), Wireless LAN (WLAN), etc.) communication systems
- Proficient with using AutoCAD and Revit
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the motivation to take action without additional prompting from a supervisor, confidence to trust their intuition about the actions they take to complete a task without deliberation, ambition to set goals and achieve them, and resilience to adapt to challenges to improve efficiency.
- Must be able to identify the skills and requirements needed to complete their tasks and be able to research and learn the necessary tools of the trade and technical requirements of the systems to produce high quality engineering documents.
- Must be able to effectively identify, track, and complete their project’s engineering activities
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively work independently and in a team environment
- Must be willing to expand knowledge base to accommodate emerging systems and technologies, as project demand dictates
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance
- Previous field installation and testing experience
- Manufacturer certifications
- BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction
- Ability to wear steel-toe boots and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for construction site visits.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers, rather than whole hands or arms (example: using a keyboard)
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Identify and understand the speech of another person
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 22:37:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!