Job Vacancy Systems Engineer – Network Telecommunications/Test SEMCON Group
Job title: Systems Engineer – Network Telecommunications/Test
Company: SEMCON Group
Job description: Description:
SEMCON provides a highly qualified, professional, and responsive technical and managerial workforce to satisfy customer requirements that support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s mission, vision and goals. SEMCON’s company culture aligns enriching career experiences, growth opportunities and collaborative engagement for all SEMCON employees resulting in a company that partners in each other’s successes.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Systems Engineers to join our Engineering, Verification, Integration, and Test (EVIT) team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration’s transition from the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) to The FAA Enterprise Network Service (FENS) at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong background in networking and a passion for problem-solving.
Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional and communications specifications for the purposes of interoperability testing and integration into the Operational NAS utilizing the FTI National Test Bed (FNTB) and the FENS Network Test Bed (FeNTB). The successful candidate will support the integration and test of the FTI and FENS testbeds to facilitate the transition to the FENS network.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Support the FAA Test Process
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for network devices and systems
- Analyze test results and identify areas for improvement in network performance, reliability, and security
- Collaborate with network engineers and other team members to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in network testing, network engineering, or a similar role
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, and routing protocols
- Experience with network testing tools and software, such as Wireshark
- Knowledge of network security best practices and technologies, such as firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- New Jersey location with on-site presence required
SEMCON offers a competitive salary and complete benefits package which includes health benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), 401K with a generous employer match, paid time off and paid holidays.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 08:11:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!