Job Vacancy Systems Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Systems Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Systems Engineer II to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon. The candidate will primarily be responsible for applying comprehensive system engineering principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of National Airspace System (NAS) equipment and procedures, particularly the integration and safety assessment of the Air Traffic Control (ATC) system. This would include automation, communications, navigation and surveillance elements of the NAS.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, and other technical and safety documentation
- May analyze, design, develop, implement and test software related to engineering or functional requirements of NAS and associated support systems.
- Draft system/safety project plans, justifications, guidelines, and controls
- Recommends development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Provide expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems.
- Perform hardware and software analyses to provide comparative data or performance characteristics and suitability within the existing environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Engineering, or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with up-to-date telecommunications systems is required
- FAA telecommunications systems is preferred but not required
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 00:44:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!