Job Vacancy Supply Chain Specialist – Outbound Transportation Aldi
Job title: Supply Chain Specialist – Outbound Transportation
Job description: Description :
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
As a Supply Chain Specialist, you will be responsible for helping develop and refine new Outbound Transportation software solutions across the United States. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced team environments, while remaining detail oriented and solution focused. Ideal candidates will have experience in SAP and strong Microsoft Office skills. The objective of this role is to successfully identify opportunities in our new SAP application and provide solutions to optimize our supply chain. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Liaises with internal and external parties as required, maintaining positive stakeholder relationships.
- Supports direct leader with the implementation of the Supply Chain Management strategy.
- Assists with testing of new procedures and systems.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with divisions and external vendors.
- Prioritizes tasks, takes responsibility for results, and uses escalation paths if needed.
- Assists and provides cover for colleagues where necessary.
- Creates and maintains proper Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Analyzes and interprets data to recommend a proper course of action.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates the Mindsets, ALDI Acts Competencies and Professional Skills (M.A.P.) as outlined for the role.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including at least one programming language not to be limited to VBA, R, SQL or Python.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal travel required as needed for job related duties such as training, project work and administrative tasks.
Experience : 0 years: SC
Location: Batavia, IL
Job date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:00:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!