Job Vacancy Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee – Transportation (Penske Logistics) Penske
Job title: Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee – Transportation (Penske Logistics)
Job description: Ready to move your career forward? As a Penske Logistics (“PL”) Management Trainee you will use your hard-earned degree to contribute to the overall success of the business. Looking for cool projects? You’ll discover opportunities to proactively improve customer’s processes, while being exposed to financial reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s). Like developing teams? Put your leadership skills to work while learning how to lead a team of high-energy, driven associates in our fast-paced environment.
Penske will introduce you to our business with industry leading technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed in our business. Things move fast at Penske. You will too. You’ll be on a fast track to furthering your leadership career, with advancement opportunities upon graduation from the program.
Are you eligible?
- You’ve got an undergraduate degree (Is it in a Business or Supply Chain field? Even better!)
- Your leadership track record is evident whether in class, on campus, in your community, or in the military
- You’re legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
o Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for these positions.
- Each program will start in January 2023 and go for approximately 9-12 months.
- You’re able to commute to Kennesaw, GA.
This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience to launch their career with Penske. Our dedicated training program will prepare you to oversee logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control. Hands-on experience will help you learn to effectively manage driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Upon graduation from the program, you’ll be prepared to lead a small group of hourly associates in a dedicated contract carriage operation.
- Ensure that all associates are motivated, engaged, trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers’ business objectives.
- Foster a safe work environment by complying with and administering established safety and operational procedures.
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily.
- Effectively resolve issues and monitor day-to-day operations for compliance using organizational and time management skills.
- Learn the Kaizen methodology and implement Lean processes.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch operations.
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet/ equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Internship or related work experience in a customer-facing role preferred.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and navigate various technology platforms.
- Committed to learning and growing; receptive to feedback and developing self-awareness.
- High level of commitment to operation and job responsibilities.
- Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Builds and develops positive working relationships within department at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle and feel, and to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs./12 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Job date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 06:04:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!