Job Vacancy Supervisory Manager (SM) – Private Bank – LATAM – New York, NY JPMorgan Chase
Job title: Supervisory Manager (SM) – Private Bank – LATAM – New York, NY
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: The Supervisory Manager (SM) is responsible for all aspects of sales supervision and risk review for their assigned regions/teams. The SM coordinates and works closely with Risk Control, Compliance, Legal and Regional Director of the office on issues that arise in the regional teams. Supervisory responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Risk oversight over investment activities of registered and non-registered employees of JPMS
- Independent review of middle markets institutional and retail customer account activity, sales practices, suitability, documents, marketing material and customers’ statements to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Monitor the trading practices of Advisors with respect to regulatory requirements and internal policy.
- Assist in the on/off boarding of JPMS staff.
- Review client inquiries, issues, and complaints. Complete a thorough investigation and provide resolution. The SM involves Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management Risk Management & Control along with Senior Management in the process of reaching an appropriate resolution.
- Serve as point of contact for resolution of any questions or issues that may occur during the course of a business day from the various oversight groups. Must be able to provide clear, concise, and timely resolution to these issues as they arise.
- Responsible for providing policy and procedural training to new employees, assist with continuing education requirements and provide special training as warranted on specific topics. Assist Compliance in the dissemination of information relating to changes in policy and regulatory rules. Discuss Compliance and new product lines with sales personnel.
- The SM is the main point contact for internal examinations conducted by Compliance and Internal Audit. Responsibilities include representing management in demonstrating adherence to internal policies and procedures, as well as maintaining and providing all necessary documentation in accordance with internal examiners’ requests.
- Review of incoming and outgoing correspondence (print, fax, e- mail)
- Approval of all new accounts and account updates, trade corrections.
- Suitability pre-review of transactions: Approve new accounts and provide guidance on OTC derivative transactions. Pre- trade product review (including document and authorities review) for certain Foreign and local securities, New Issue and Secondary Issuance of Equities, and Rule 144.
- Pre-approve clients for Hedge Funds and Private Investments. Review client suitability and complete suitability checklist as appropriate.
- Review and approve sales and marketing materials in accordance with firm branding and policy.
- Responsible for resolving order errors. This includes identifying circumstances, taking market action when necessary to resolve the error, and completing the error reporting. The SM will assign responsibility for errors as necessary.
- Review of trade blotter: Responsible for review of daily trade summary and inquiries.
- Client account reviews: Complete client reviews as outlined by Compliance procedures; follow up on issues or make client contact as warranted an in accordance with supervisory guidelines and maintain these records of the review process.
- Confirm that written consent of the Office of the Secretary is obtained before employees engage in outside speaking engagements; approve lectures or interviews prior to activity and maintain a log of the activity. Approve personal securities transactions for regional employees as required by firm policy. Review and resolve personal trading policy violations with Compliance and Regional Director as required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and management skills are required.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and best practices within the brokerage environment.
- Strong organization and follow up skills. Ability to work well on an integrated team.
- Comfortable making decisions independently and dealing with conflict in high stress situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel within J. P. Morgan Securities.
- Able to provide supervisory coverage across regional teams as needed.
- Requires 1-3 years experience/skills as a Supervisory Manager with a Brokerage or Wealth Management firm
- Experienced manager with proven ability to effectively manage team members
- Proven ability to get organized and able to multi-task effectively with strong decision-making skills
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively with various functions including investment professionals, marketing, risk, legal, compliance, technology and operations team members
- BA/BS required
- Series 7, Series 63, Series 8 (9&10), 24
- If hired, you will be required to pass Series 4 License within three months of start date.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: New York
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 22:06:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!