Job Vacancy Supervisor – Warehousing & Logistics PPL Corporation
Job title: Supervisor – Warehousing & Logistics
Company: PPL Corporation
Job description: Company Summary Statement
Rhode Island Energy provides essential energy services to over 770,000 customers across Rhode Island through the delivery of electricity or natural gas. Our team is dedicated to helping Rhode Island customers and communities thrive while supporting the transition to a cleaner energy future. Rhode Island Energy is part of the PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) family of companies addressing energy challenges head-on by building smarter, more resilient, and more dynamic power grids and advancing sustainable energy solutions. PPL is a positive force in the cities and towns where we do business, providing support for programs and organizations that empower the success of future generations by helping to build and maintain strong, diverse communities today.
The Supervisor – Warehousing & Logistics is responsible for the daily supervision, warehousing and logistics operations in support of Rhode Island Energy (RIE). The position is accountable and responsible for core functions related to managing RIE’s storerooms as well as personnel to accomplish job tasks safely, effectively, and efficiently in line with Rhode Island energy requirements. Perform all daily system transactions necessary to effectively manage warehouse operations and in compliance with inventory management policies/procedures and SOX audit control requirements.
The role holder is responsible for 7 storerooms across Rhode Island and directly supervises up to 10 bargaining unit employees.
- Implement and manage warehousing strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures
- Provide training to employees
- Supervise bargaining unit employees in 7 locations
- Participate as needed in union negotiations
- Work closely with operations to ensure material is delivered as needed
- Coordinate efficient and safe transportation of materials and investment recovery items between warehouses and customer locations.
- Provided safe, accurate, and efficient operation of warehouses, transportation logistics, and use the appropriate software necessary to perform these processes.
- Review and monitor capital and O&M budget
- Travel to all locations weekly
- Develop and maintain KPI’s
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation by understanding business needs, collaborating with business lines, and evaluation and implementation of industry best practices as a result of benchmarking
- Support storm and other emergency restoration efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or a minimum of 5 year experience in warehouse environment
- Class A CDL license
- Forklift license
- Hosting and Rigging License
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities
- Experience in the utility or construction industry.
Location: Providence, RI
Job date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 07:20:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!