Job Vacancy Supervisor Region Operations – Waterloo, IA Lumen Technologies
Job title: Supervisor Region Operations – Waterloo, IA
Company: Lumen Technologies
Job description: About Lumen
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Supervisor Region Operations responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific service areas, and to provide quality residential and business communications services on a profitable basis while adhering to company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes and sells Lumen products and services while providing a service experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations
The Main Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant network services and technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Century Link and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and development of employees with regards to new processes and quality standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical skills.
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent Century Link with customers and governmental agencies.
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working relationship.
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and recognition.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of maximum performance.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment with typically 4+ years of experience.
- Strong skills and experience in employee development to include training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and legacy systems.
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a fundamental understanding of services and products offered by Century Link is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for the telecommunication industry.
- Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview, fact-find, present options, recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented position in a deadline focused department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. 5+ years related experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment.
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy systems.
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to complete job assignments.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 330151
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our . Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Location: Waterloo, IA
Job date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 22:35:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!