Job Vacancy Substation P&C Designer Leidos
Job title: Substation P&C Designer
Job description: Description
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. With Leidos, you’re joining a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World’s Most Ethical Companies.” As a valued team member, you can look forward to a fast-paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements, as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth, including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a skilled P&C Designer looking for a remote opportunity? Leidos, a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider, wants you to join their Power Delivery Services Team. Their expertise in power and telecommunication has earned them a reputation as a reliable partner for over 50 investor-owned utilities, 160 municipals/cooperatives, and a growing list of mobile operators, local utility providers, and private developers. Leidos is dedicated to not only engineering and project management services but also partners with the best construction firms in the industry to bring Energy Delivery Solutions to life. With accolades such as being ranked in the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms by Engineering News-Record (ENR), Leidos is undoubtedly an industry leader. Don’t miss this opportunity to join their team and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers, including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there and, at times, need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
To explore and learn more, click !
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
How You’ll Grow:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain skills in…
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation Physical, Relay Settings, SCADA, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organization
Your Main Objective:
- Using accepted practices and standards to design substation protection and control drawing packages and required documents for electric power substations from 12kV to 500kV in AutoCAD Electrical design software.
- Relay One Line design
- Three Line AC schematic design
- DC protection schematic design
- Panel layout and Control House layout design
- Communication and alarm schematic design
- Wiring design for point-to-point panel wiring
- Cable and interconnection wiring design and cable schedules.
- Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
- Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation.
- Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes.
- Working with client standards to implement design.
- Design and drafting to create the required drawings for each project utilizing AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Provide PDF design markups to Drafters for projects designed in non AutoCAD Electrical software, such as standard AutoCAD or Microstation.
What Sets You Apart:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical with SDS (Substation Design Suite).
- An associate degree in engineering technology or drafting technology is preferred, but a high school diploma with additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Level 3 – Must have 2-4 years of substation protection and control design experience using AutoCAD Electrical, preferably electric utility industry-related projects.
- Level 4 – Must have 3-5 years of substation protection and control design experience using AutoCAD Electrical, preferably electric utility industry-related projects.
- Level 5 – Must have 5+ years of substation protection and control design experience using AutoCAD Electrical, preferably electric utility industry-related projects.
- Level 6 – Must have 8+ years of substation protection and control design experience using AutoCAD Electrical, preferably electric utility industry-related projects.
- Proficiency designing schemes utilizing SEL and GE protection and control relays
- A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be substituted in lieu of education and experience requirements.
- Advanced comprehension of design software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Word, and Excel to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to, Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Drafters in multi-discipline groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience, reviewing schematic and wiring designs, is a plus
- Experience with document control software, such as, Bentley Projectwise and Autodesk Vault
- Stable high speed internet connection (fiber or cable) of at least 100Mbps
We’re excited to learn more about you! At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Apply today!
Pay Range: Pay Range $55,250.00 – $99,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date: 10/31/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Expected salary: $55250 – 99875 per year
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:10:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!