Job Vacancy Structured Cable Technician Gaylor Electric
Job title: Structured Cable Technician
Company: Gaylor Electric
Job description: Job Description:
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING NATIONAL CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, delivering on our Cornerstone of Reliable Resources, Outcomes, and Insights; dedicated to innovation, quality, and our genuine care for people.
Return on Investment
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Equipment Adds, Moves, and Changes-requires the ability to execute complex equipment installation, modifications, and testing.
- Design and physically install CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, 6e, and 6A structured cabling distribution systems
- Installation of telecommunication outlets, cable, fire stopping, and pre-termination
- Install and terminate both multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Installs, identifies and terminates various types of cable and wire in various locations, including coax, data and power cables including understanding of industry standard color code.
- Test, turn-up and troubleshoot all equipment installed.
- Perform new and retro-fit Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling installations.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Proficient with the proper use of trade hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronics and telephony equipment.
- Ability to install, test, modify, and repair a wide range of support equipment.
- Adept at using test equipment in the testing and troubleshooting of circuits and equipment.
- Proficient with the installation racking and framing equipment.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of fiber-optic, coax and network cable, and telecommunications/electronic installation procedures.
- Understanding of current telecom industry installation procedures. (ie. Telecordia, BICSI or equivalent)
WHAT YOU OFFER
- EDUCATION: High school graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years or equivalent experience lead technician with voice/data, fiber optic cabling CCTV installations, T-1, D-Marc extensions, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat 6a & Ethernet.
Installation knowledge of fiber optic cabling, terminations and testing. BICSI Certification highly preferred
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 05:53:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!