Job Vacancy Sr. Trial Attorney – Bay Area Farmers Insurance
Job title: Sr. Trial Attorney – Bay Area
Company: Farmers Insurance
Job description: We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Responsible for the competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by supervisor. Cases can involve all areas of tort practice. Responsible for handling matters of great complexity and/or exposure. Assists in cases of all complexities and/or exposures. Assists Managing Attorney or Supervising Attorney in the performance of delegated managerial and administrative duties.
This is a virtual position handling cases venued throughout the Bay Area and Silicon Valley. Comprehensive benefits package including annual bonus, generous 401k, car stipend, PTO, medical/dental vision, paid parental leave, and much more all without the stress of billable hours! Check out our to read more about our Company Culture!
Essential Job Functions
- Provides job related guidance, supervision and training to other Attorneys.
- Performs managerial and administrative tasks, and special assignments, as requested by supervisor.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Consults with and renders opinions to members of the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Supervises cases as assigned and handles cases with unique legal or procedural issues and/or involving severe to catastrophic injuries and/or damages including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- Functionally supervises attorneys who have been requested to assist the Senior Trial Attorney in the handling of particular cases.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrollable outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree required. Law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located.
At least three years as an Attorney including civil jury trial experience or equivalent dispositive ADR experience or comparable outside experience. Must be capable of handling cases of moderate to great exposure and/or complexity with minimum supervision.
Special Skill Requirement
Public speaking, ability to function and handle high case loads in adversarial or confrontational situations, driving.
Job Location(s): US – CA – Oakland, US – CA – Alameda-1751, US – CA – Concord, US – CA – SanJose-Almaden, US – CA – Santa Rosa
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on and !
Location: Oakland, CA – Alameda, CA
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 04:11:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!