Job Vacancy Sr. Telecom Technician Memorial Health Services
Job title: Sr. Telecom Technician
Company: Memorial Health Services
Job description: Title: Sr. Telecom Technician
Location: Fountain Valley, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
Department: IS Enterprise Systems
Status: Full Time
Pay Range*: $36.52 – $52.98
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Telecom team works across a broad range of communication system technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business by providing communication with video, data, and voice solutions. This role requires personal expertise, professionalism, technical skills, and cross functional relationships to resolve client requests using standardized processes to meet success metrics and exceed client expectations. They have several responsibilities including support, provide solutions to technical issues and requests, provide advice in the planning, as well as coordination and management of projects and MOB initiatives. They may find the need to explain solutions in both technical and non-technical terms along with preparing reports and documentation.
Under general supervision, the MemorialCare Sr. Telecom Technician oversees telephony systems on a regular basis. They respond to incident tickets adhering to set and approved Service Level Agreements and procedures to assist with resolution. Sr. Telecom Technicians understand system administration of both inbound and outbound functions to identify and resolve related issues. They can carry out small to medium size initiatives, particularly related to systems implementation, software provisioning, licensing, equipment refreshes and day-to-day end user problem-solving. Under direct supervision from IT Technical Services Leadership, this position may be assigned independent functions, as a participant on a team, or as team leader in carrying out assignments depending on scope and complexity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Configures, installs, and troubleshoots telecommunication systems
- Responds to incidents and requests, resolving, within established standards
- Oversees new and existing telecom equipment hardware and software upgrades
- Uses telecom understanding and knowledge to properly escalate issues when needed to appropriate levels of leadership
- Participates actively in multiple projects as a team member and advisor to ensure understanding of current needs, problems, expected outcomes, and overall project success
- Provides guidance in network and switching systems, system downtime emergencies, errors with hardware, and software and network requirements
- Works and creates design drawings with documentation, vendor contracts (hardware, software and circuit) and billing of circuits
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more…Check out our for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience Telecom Technician or relevant experience
- Proven strong knowledge of Telephony Systems and Technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and in-depth understanding of existing and emerging technologies (i.e. SIP/VoIP).
- Demonstrated highly analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills to resolve reported issues
- Experienced in a healthcare environment preferred
- Demonstrated broad understanding of key organizational systems, applications and related information technologies.
- Proven display of high energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated use of effective communication, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal relations to achieve established goals
- Demonstrated good leadership, supervision, and teamwork skills.
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required
- Industry standard technical certifications preferred (CCNA, CCNP)
- Traditional PBX knowledge and experience required (i.e. NEC, Avaya)
- Interactive Intelligence (ININ) knowledge and experience preferred
- SIP/VoIP knowledge and experience preferred (i.e. Call Manager
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 04:29:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!