Job Vacancy Sr Planner Inbound Logistics Academy Sports + Outdoors
Job title: Sr Planner Inbound Logistics
Company: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Job description: Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
The Senior Planner for Inbound Logistics is responsible for acting as key point of contact for carriers when optimizing the configuration of loads from all Academy Sports and Outdoors vendors and distribution centers on a daily basis. By leveraging the Oracle Transportation Management System, this includes analyzing the best approach to maximize trailer utilization, communication with carriers, DC personnel, and internal Academy Sports + Outdoors team members while support service level agreements and meeting key performance indicators. This role includes leveraging appropriate network carriers to handle shipments with a focus on freight cost, cube utilization and on-time delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Distribution/Logistics or Bachelor’s degree in other fields with relevant experience. 10+ years of domestic logistics experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of logistics and transportation experience
- Demonstrated excellence in using Transportation Management Systems
- Retail experience is a plus
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Navigates and prioritizes complex requests to address business demands and needs
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Able to analyze data to drive performance
- Intermediate working knowledge of purchase order, logistics, transportation inventory flow and management
- Strong attention to detail for data entry
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word. Knowledge of MS Access skills preferred.
- Manage strategic and long-term relationships with Carriers, Vendors and DCs to monitor, measure, and escalate issues to tender loads and monitor reports on carrier performance
- Act as escalation point and support Domestic Logistics Specialists with prioritization of routing shipments
- Develop standard fulfilment, carrier management and routing processes under direction of Logistics Operations Manager
- Facilitate cross-training for Domestic Logistics Specialists to grow skill sets on various focus areas
- Create weekly recaps on trends, root causes, and status updates with root cause analysis to drive out delays and build repeatable business processes
- Provide informal guidance to Domestic Logistics Specialists when routing shipments from vendors to DCs, DCs to Stores with a focus on utilizing the most cost-effective method
- Track shipments from vendors to DCs with a focus on complete on-time delivery
- Manage transition of outbound and inbound shipments from one responsible party to another to eliminate any delays
- Adhere to routing guidelines and make appropriate carrier decisions
- Ensure that orders represent inbound product needed to ship by the required shipping windows to fulfill demand based on sales and upcoming sales events (daily delivery optimization, validate equipment needs and trailer cube utilization)
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures and safety rules
- Responsibilities may change; team members may be required to perform other tasks as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.
Location: Katy, TX
Job date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 00:18:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!