Job Vacancy Sr. Engineer (Mechanical) – Salt Lake City, UT PacifiCorp
Job title: Sr. Engineer (Mechanical) – Salt Lake City, UT
Job description: PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Develops engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the companyÃâs generation, transmission, distribution, telecommunication, or other utility facilities/systems.
- Design, develop, modify, and evaluate systems, process, or facilities to support company objectives, utilizing engineering methods.
- Develop highly complex engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
- Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Act as a lead/expert in the work group; train and mentor associate and career level engineers, technicians and drafters.
- Recommend alternative engineering solutions to management to meet business needs.
- Deliver on commitments and manage outside engineering services to accomplish the assigned work.
- Maintain project timelines and budgets.
- Analyze and design engineering methods
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of five or more years experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power systems, or related professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Understanding of company’s business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and the National Electric Codes.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including automated tools.
Req Id: 110971
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $98,200 – $124,300
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit:
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Career Segment: Construction, Power Systems, Equity, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Energy, Finance
Expected salary: $98200 – 124300 per year
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 03:34:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!