Job Vacancy Sr Engineer (Hybrid) Exelon
Job title: Sr Engineer (Hybrid)
Job description: Description We’re powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we’re calling all problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers. Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We’re powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation, integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company, 19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at six energy companies — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices, fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Provides technical expertise to strategic, legislative and operational decisions. Participates in creating, updating, and applying internal/industry standards and technology in a specialized area of expertise. Trains and mentors others. Position may be required to work extended hours for coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise. Requiring maintaining state of the art engineering credential in the specialized technical area. (25%)
- Leads and performs engineering tasks and projects associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas, may include field testing troubleshooting, and peer review. (30%)
- Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have significant financial and operational impact, may also develop initial commissioning plans. Plans, writes and performs tasks for documentation deliverables and projects (10%)
- Participates in department planning, through field/site walkdowns, attend meetings/conference calls, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results. (5%)
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams, may include providing direct oversight of contractors. (5%)
- Serves as an expert in specialized area. (5%)
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required. (5%)
- Provides recommendations to management and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness. (5%)
- Provides detailed technical training, mentorship, peer review, and/or guidance to others. (5%)
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest, make recommendations for business decisions regarding strategy for new technologies and/or engineering techniques and tools. (5%)
- Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3) Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note 3. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Minimum of three related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineer’s License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification (1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing. (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department.
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A working knowledge of analysis software packages such as CYMDIST, PSS\E, Python, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc.
- Ability to analyze industry wide trends and implement enhancements.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:18:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!