Job Vacancy Sr. Director, International Inbound Transportation Gap
Job title: Sr. Director, International Inbound Transportation
Job description: About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Transportation Operations, the Sr. Director, International Inbound Transportation is responsible for the end-to-end leadership over the International Transportation team- including, origin transportation operations, ocean, air, and our six transload facilities. This role includes oversight of the functions to deliver our Domestic and International Merchandise inbound freight from International Vendors, Domestic Vendors, De-consolidators, and Consolidators to our NA Distribution Campuses (inclusive of Gap Inc. Direct). This leader has accountability for our origin operations with a team based in Hong Kong, and responsible for all IB track and trace. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading 1 Director, and 4 Managers, with oversight of an Operational organization consisting of 21 total resources (19 exempt, 2 contractors). This role works closely with internal and external stakeholders to exceed performance requirements in the areas of service, cost, speed, flexibility, and reliability. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to: Domestic Transportation, Finance, Logistics Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Global Procurement, Distribution Centers, Stores, GID, Asset Protection, Marketing, Transportation Brand Operations, and external Carriers and Providers
What You’ll Do
- Create and implement supply chain network strategies that efficiently enhance operational capabilities, driving synergies across the business units and maximize profitability.
- Ensure operational excellence within inbound transportation through the establishment and utilization of robust processes, key performance indicators, and scorecards to drive accountability and results.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for cost management, efficiency and customer service on Origin, Ocean, Air, and inland operations.
- Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on a continuous basis to assess opportunity, risk for transportation cost and service trends.
- Drive and implement strategic supplier agreements providing advantageous financial terms and the lowest total cost while also supporting quality operating performance.
- Oversee all performance of key International Inbound transportation partners to ensure high quality of service to our brands and our customers.
- Responsible for the development and management of International Inbound logistics spend. Prepare and manage annual budgets and operating goals/objectives.
- Establish cross functional relationships collaborating across Gap Inc to better serve our customer experience while building trust.
- Monitor and manage the utilization of in-use International Inbound Logistics management programs and ensure a strong working partnership with IT to support system performance.
- Ensure all logistics policies, procedures and operations follow all applicable laws and statutory regulations.
- Develop and sustain a high-performance organization. Provide continued coaching, development, and growth of employees in support of current objectives and future succession requirements.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of logistics experience including 3+ years in International Logistics with working knowledge of international sourcing and factory operations in Asia and Southeast Asia
- Experience in leading International Transportation (Inbound) network that optimizes service and cost
- Experience managing Inbound Transportation P&L/ Budget with detailed knowledge of financial planning, P&L analysis, and margin improvement
- Strong history of managing external providers and developing Supplier Relationship models
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvement in cost and service metrics across Inbound transportation networks
- Experience in developing and managing contingency plans to counter geo-political uncertainty across the Inbound network
- Proven leadership capability in developing high-performing teams
- Knowledge sitting on industry or provider advisory / steering boards to expand influence and awareness across the International Inbound transportation sector
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations impacting logistics
- Knowledge of procurement and carrier selection in International Transportation freight services
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Location: Erlanger, KY
Job date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 04:09:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!