Job Vacancy Spvsr, Outbound Transportation Tractor Supply Company
Job title: Spvsr, Outbound Transportation
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Job description: Overall Job Summary
The Transportation Field Supervisor supports transportation management in the effective coordination and daily planning and workflow of TSC freight from origin to destination in a 24-7 operational environment. Ensures the most timely and cost-effective pickup, transit, and delivery with $15M to $20M in annual spend and a regional network of 150-300 stores. In addition, this position works closely with Distribution Center leadership, Carriers, Store Operations and Vendors on any transportation needs or questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
- Determines and selects optimum transportation mode (Truckload, LTL or Intermodal) and tenders’ shipments to the appropriate carrier
- Optimizes store-direct shipments for maximum truckload efficiency, communicates results to Distribution Center and Crossdock Vendors to ensure correct loading
- Optimizes less than truckload pickups into full truckload shipments (when feasible) to maximize capacity, expense, and service
- Assists in securing carrier capacity for network or assigned region.
- Responsible for supervising Yard and Guard operations and adherence to TSC and Government regulations.
- Investigates and resolves issues related to missing or incorrect information, late pickup and/or deliveries, misroutes, and unplanned accessorial charges.
- Initiate inclement weather response from vendors
- Supervise the daily activities of the yard drivers and security personnel
- Interact with third party vendors to ensure security stations and drivers are staffed accordingly. Enforce the rules of the third-party vendor contract as needed.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are being followed in the yard and remedy any issues
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the yard to include areas around the building. Report any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Collects and leverages yard data to create efficiencies and control the flow of product and vehicle transportation in and out of the Distribution Center Yard
- Ensure Custom Trades Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) compliance and standards are maintained and any breaches are reported to Facilities Manager
- Reconciliation of all yard discrepancies
- Leverage TSC and third-party systems to execute daily tasks and acts as a functional user in the creation of enhancements and troubleshooting errors.
- Oversee yard audits and report.
- Ensure quality control of loading dock and empty trailer conditions
- Ensure guard shack quality control.
- Maintains working relationships with Carriers, Distribution Center, Store Support Center staff and TSC team members for effective coordination of all transportation service efforts.
- Serves as the geographic “point person” among TSC Distribution Center/Inventory Management staff and Freight Carriers for consistent communication channels
- Supervise the day-to-day activities onsite in the absence of the Manager
- Assists in the tracking and report development of inbound DC loads
- Prepares/distributes carrier performance reports
- Reviews carrier invoices for both freight and accessorial charges
- Domestic Travel Requirements of (10% to 25%) to stores, vendors, DC’s & mixing centers.
- Work with Regional Transportation Manager and Loss Prevention Manager on claim reconciliation due to outside vendors damaging TSC property/assets
Experience: 3+ years of logistics or transportation experience
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited or university in a related field is preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Ability and proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work with a sense of urgency, and to prioritize tasks
- Display a detail-oriented approach to work
- Ability to positively handle conflict
- Capable of working in a cross-functional environment
- Hybrid / Flexible working conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Standing (not walking)
- Driving a vehicle
- Reaching overhead
- Lifting 50+ pounds
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall – they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They’re the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Location: Franklin, KY
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 04:36:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!