Job Vacancy Sourcing Manager – Group Procurement (America’s) – NYC Global Investment Bank J Harlan Group
Job title: Sourcing Manager – Group Procurement (America’s) – NYC Global Investment Bank
Company: J Harlan Group
Job description: Sourcing Manager – Group Procurement (America’s)
NYC Global Investment Bank
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Sourcing Manager – Group Procurement (America’s) to join a talented global trading sourcing team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support the firm in meeting their business objectives.
An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual with a strong learning and commercial mindset to join its Group Procurement team in the Americas based in New York. Reporting to the Head of Sourcing (America’s) you will be part of the global Group Procurement team, responsible for delivering value from an indirect procurement spend of several hundred million dollars.
Bringing your sense of ownership, you will be accountable for prioritizing, requirements gathering and delivering sourcing solutions in partnership with global business teams.
This fast growing and dynamic investment organization is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth. The Sourcing Manager will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their business.
You will be responsible for developing the strategic approach for applicable categories in the region and executing against this approach, while delivering strong outcomes for their stakeholders.
This will include, but is not limited to,
- Identifying opportunities for value,
- Leading strategic sourcing projects,
- Conducting spend analysis,
- Analyzing supply markets,
- Identifying sourcing value levers,
- Executing competitive RFI’s/RFP’s,
- Leading supplier & contract negotiations and
- Conducting efficiency improvement initiatives.
A key responsibility of the role will be to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within the businesses and corporate functions, as well as be able to manage cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate would have a background including
- The successful applicant will be highly motivated, collaborative, possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving capabilities while also being able to manage multiple deliverables/projects concurrently.
- This is a “Hands-On” opportunity requiring 2-5 years of proven experience in delivering innovative and strong outcomes from strategic sourcing/procurement projects.
- Background in Technology or Corporate Real Estate Project/Construction procurement is a plus but not required.
- Commercially focused, analytical, pragmatic, pro-active and a result driven individual who thrives under pressure and embraces change, then please apply now!
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, open-minded, conceptual, intelligent, bright individual who is intellectually honest & open to debate with excellent synthesis abilities.
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business – not just solve novel problems.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex sourcing challenges and wants to have an outsized impact with the services and products they deliver. An individual with a passion for sourcing/procurement, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment banking firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
About the Client:
The firm is a major Global Investment Bank with expertise in banking, they operate in over 50 countries and employ over 15,000 people worldwide. They’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management. They provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing, and risk management needs.
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:46:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!