Job Vacancy Sourcing Category Manager – Logistics/Transportation CVS Health
Job title: Sourcing Category Manager – Logistics/Transportation
Company: CVS Health
Job description: Job Description
Working hours will be 8am-5pm with some flexibility to meet business needs.
No weekends or holidays will be required.
Travel could be up to 10% for quarterly meetings or for business purposes.
Fully remote position candidates can apply from any state however are preferred to live local to one of the following locations: Hartford, CT, Scottsdale, AZ, Buffalo Grove, IL Florham Park, NJ or Cumberland, RI.
CVS Health’s Enterprise Procurement department, a key function within the company’s newly formed Finance Global Business Services organization, is in search of a Sourcing Category Manager who will be responsible for the Enterprise Operations indirect spend category. This includes but are not limited to Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation. This role will be responsible for defining and executing sourcing strategies that drive P&L value across the services within the assigned CVS Health spend category. To achieve success in this role, the Senior Category Manager must develop highly productive relationships with leaders and key business stakeholders, and leverage tools such as spend analytics, market intelligence, and existing vendor agreements to build and maintain a pipeline of sourcing opportunities within the category. In this position, you will also play a meaningful role representing procurement on large scale strategic enterprise initiatives and special projects (e.g., sourcing process transformation, acquisition integration, etc.).
The Indirect Strategic Sourcing team manages over $9B in annual indirect spend across a range of IT & non-IT categories that support key business units across the enterprise (Retail, PBM, Insurance, Specialty/Clinical, etc.). As a Category Manager on the Sourcing team, you should have an enterprise mindset, possess highly developed business background, and be a strong communicator who is able to establish lasting relationships with business leaders as well as internal and external stakeholders. This critical role will report to the Director of Category Management within the Enterprise Operations Sourcing team.
– Develop and maintain short, medium, and long term category sourcing plans, spend profiles, and pipeline
– Maintain status of all completed, active, and planned sourcing activities to review with Strategic Sourcing management
– Effectively communicate Strategic Sourcing’s value proposition and goals to key leaders and stakeholders
– Schedule and maintain cadence of regularly scheduled sourcing category reviews and planning sessions with key leaders within the assigned business area
– Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build pipeline of opportunities for sourcing to address within category
– Maintain strong working relationship with CVS Health’s business and vendor management teams, ensuring that Strategic Sourcing is engaged early on all prospective engagements requiring vendor support
– Work with stakeholders to develop bid strategies and create effective scope of work documents for competitive bid processes
– Hold overall responsibility for all Sourcing activity conducted within assigned category, responsible for end-to-end execution of all sourcing activities with high impact and/or visibility within the organization (e.g. RFP, RFQs, direct negotiations).
– Develop capabilities and knowledge base of analyst team supporting the spend category
– Lead cost and commercial term negotiations with suppliers, collaborate with Legal and/or Contracts to mitigate contractual redlines prior to award
– Develop processes to ensure that CVS Health’s business stakeholders are utilizing preferred suppliers wherever possible, thereby leveraging the enterprise’s scale to drive greater value for the company
– Collaborate with CVS Health’s contracting team to identify new and creative approaches to contracting with vendor partners
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
4+ years of experience in Sourcing or Procurement within the Supply Chain and/or Transportation categories.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Experience with electronic sourcing platforms, such as Ariba eSourcing.
Bachelors degree required
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:21:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!