Job Vacancy Software Engineer Level 1 Precision Solutions
Job title: Software Engineer Level 1
Company: Precision Solutions
Job description: Software Engineer Level 1
Onsite | Quantico, VA | 5 days a week
Top Secret Clearance Required
Precision Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer Level 1 to join our team!
- Provides development, support, and testing of computer systems and telecommunication intercept and collection capabilities
- Defines and documents data exchange formats for digital collection systems
- Develops database solutions for systems using PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Utilizes agile development methodologies to develop new and update existing collection systems and applications
- Develops tools/scripts to automate system setup, installation, maintenance, and status monitoring digital collection systems
- Installs and configures Linux systems
- Assists Government PMs with functional, security, legal, and operational requirements analysis, subsystem allocation, performance analysis, and system engineering for digital collection systems
- Develops specialized telecommunications simulation and test equipment in support of systems
- Creates end-user documentation, manuals, technical documentation, and presentations, per government direction/guidance for digital collection systems
- 3+ years of technical experience as a software developer or systems engineer
- Must have experience developing systems, using open-source software and Windows or Linux operating systems, as well as experience supporting law enforcement collection systems
- Requires competence in program development from inception to deployment to operational support
- Requires competence in software development, using multiple programming languages, including C, C++, Java, Shell, Perl, Python, and PHP
- Requires experience in telecommunications protocols, including ISDN- PRI, and network protocols, including TCP/IP and HTTP, necessary to develop software and applications supporting digital collection systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, with three or more years of work experience; or Master’s degree with at least 1 year of work experience
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active Top Secret clearance is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Northern Virginia-based Precision Solutions is an expert in staffing solutions for companies of any size that open the door to new opportunities and seek outstanding talent. We pride ourselves on being versatile enough to tailor our relationships to the needs of each individual client, being agile in the fast-paced marketplace, and being precise in meeting the needs of any company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Precision Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Location: Quantico, VA
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 05:30:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!