Job Vacancy Software Engineer III Sigma Defense
Job title: Software Engineer III
Company: Sigma Defense
Job description: Sigma Defense Systems is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you’re looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
Want to know what it’s like to work at Sigma?
Discover Your Next Mission with Sigma Defense – Find and follow us at LinkedIn and visit for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Sigma Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Sigma Defense is seeking cleared, Software Engineer IIIs to fulfill the on-site requirements at our customer location in Charleston, SC USA.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Experience in research, design, development, debugging, and testing of computer and network software or specialized utility programs which may include database maintenance within an application area.
- Experience applying programming concepts in a professional or academic setting, and notable experience applying modern software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, DevSecOps/DevOps) in a professional or academic setting.
- Must be capable of working independently or collaboratively on moderately complex software solutions with reviews for accuracy of solution in alignment with project goals and specific functional requirements.
Personnel Clearance Level:
- Candidate must possess an active, DoD-issued Secret security clearance.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Mathematics (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems) and 10+ years of experience, or,
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Mathematics (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems) and 14+ years of experience.
- Agile Developer or Certified Scrum Developer
Essential Job Duties (Not All-Inclusive):
- Assist in on-going implementation of the Agile Development methodology. Support all efforts to remove impediments of the engineering team to ensure on time delivery and completion of sprints and deliverables (A003).
- Participate and assist with on-going implementation of DevSecOps.
- Support development cycles with security as an integral part of the process.
- Support and participate in continuous integration and continuous delivery efforts.
- Support the development, design and architecture recommendations for current and future PEO C4I software (SW) and hardware (HW) baselines.
- Support design solutions integrated into any common network/hardware baseline or environment.
- Support process and engineering improvement initiatives such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and retrospectives.
- Support the creation of a systems engineering plan to describe the program’s overall technical design and approach, including processes, resources, metrics, risks, and associated risk mitigation plan (CDRL A003).
- Develop and provide inputs to functional, allocated, and product baseline engineering documentation (CDRL A003), design-related technical briefs (CDRL A003); Work with Information Assurance (IA)/Security Engineer to ensure design decisions do not change or impact IA/security posture of the capability or system.
- Document the approach in a Software Development Plan (SDP) (CDRL A007). Ensure the SDP meets the criteria specified in the CDRL DD1423 using IEEE Std 12207:2017 (E) and the PWS, engineering and technical development of current and future system baselines.
- Implement Agile development methodology and participate in all planning and management activities using PO directed Agile tools.
- Support, or participate in an Agile frameworks at scale such as, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Implement DevSecOps principles and related technologies using PO directed tools such as Git, PowerShell, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Windows and Linux server administration, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Services, cloud storage, REST (Representational State Transfer) application programming interfaces (REST APIs) and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket).
- Implement and support hybrid cloud architectures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Services, cloud storage and other emerging cloud offerings.
- Provide management support of enterprise Windows and Linux architectures, and support building, configuring and securing Windows, Linux, and CoreOS virtual machines, operating systems/applications and integrating these into an enterprise architecture; Configure Windows and VMware hypervisors; Integrate and configure infrastructure as code (IaC) capabilities such as terraform.
- Develop, configure and secure Software Defined Networks (SDN) and integrate these into an enterprise architecture; Install, configure, and develop edge computing devices; Configure Systems Center technologies such as Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, and Service Manager; Install, integrate, configure, and develop Power BI and Power BI report server; Install and configure backup and recovery technologies; Install and configure Windows enterprise domain technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Integrate, configure, and implement: machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies; platform as a service (PaaS) capabilities to include containers and container technologies; authorization, authentication, single sign-on, and identity management capabilities to include Identify, Credential and Access Management (ICAM); geospatial mapping capabilities and services; and data analytics capabilities.
- Develop and utilize PowerShell, Ansible, and VMware automation tools/scripts for automated install, build, configuration, testing and patching. This will include supporting the automated test framework.; Develop test plans and functional test objectives to ensure that SW and HW baselines are satisfying all requirements; Develop system installation procedures; Configure and integrate various hardware infrastructure components such as Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS); Create automated Windows and Linux bare metal deployment strategies.
- Provide engineering, technical support and development of current and future Video Distribution System (VDS), Video Telecommunication Conference (VTC) and Mobility subsystem baselines. Tasking shall encompass hands-on technical engineering efforts required to define, develop, test, and field VDS, VTC and Mobility baselines. The contractor shall provide VDS, VTC, and Mobility subsystem Integration Planning support.
- Install and configure applicable technologies; hardening applicable technologies in accordance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Requirements Guides (SRGs), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Computer Task Orders (CTOs), and other best practices.
- Create, update, and manage assigned design artifacts in accordance with program engineering and configuration management processes. Artifacts include Bill of Materials (BOM), Cable Table, Rack Elevation, Topology, Ports Protocols and Services (PPS), Network Templates, Storage Templates, Internet Protocol (IP) Address Allocation, DIG, CICD and Build Media.
Salary Range: $135,000 – $165,000 annually.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
Expected salary: $135000 – 165000 per year
Location: Charleston, SC
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 22:15:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!