Job Vacancy SME – Telecommunications Leidos
Job title: SME – Telecommunications
Job description: Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert/Telecommunications in the Columbia, MD area.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a newly-awarded, large, multi-year contract that provides hardware and software sustainment of large IT systems. Contractors perform dataflow changes, lifecycle management including modernization of aging hardware and software, as well as system monitoring.
The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
The Subject Matter Expert/Telecommunications (SME-TC3) analyzes, tracks and identifies industry trends, technologies, constraints and priorities regarding current and projected telecommunication systems. The SME-TC3 shall:
- Provide Telecommunication analytic support to optimize and develop assigned customer accesses.
- Provide design, exploitation, and implementation of modern digital telecommunications systems and protocols, to include: Optical Transport Network (OTN) Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Optical Networks (SONET), SDH and PDH, LAN/WAN Networks, IP Networks, and ATM switches.
- Design, develop, exploit, and test components or systems that modulate or demodulate mobile cellular/personal communications systems.
- Design, develop, and test components or systems that modulate, demodulate, multiplex or demultiplex conventional Bell, CEPT, or SDH/PDH/OTN digital communications signals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience troubleshooting and providing advice on advanced configuration. The SME-TC3 will provide support for Ciena routers.
- Fifteen (15) years of technical experience in fiber optic communications systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
Pay Range: Pay Range $105,300.00 – $162,000.00 – $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Location: Columbia, MD
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 06:30:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!