Job Vacancy Senior UX Writer and Content Designer, Core Google
Job title: Senior UX Writer and Content Designer, Core
Job description: Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Literature, Business, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in writing, editorial, marketing, UX writing, or related, as well as leading content strategy projects.
- Experience on UX-focused product writing and shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Portfolio highlighting UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- 5 years of experience interacting with executive leadership.
- 5 years of writing, editorial, marketing, or UX writing experience in an agency setting.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, cross-functional technology organization.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites, including localization and accessibility best practices.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
About the job
As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
You use your gift for language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals. You’re also a content strategist, defining product vision and narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences. You will drive guidelines and best practices, manage complex, cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals and implement roadmaps. You provide direction and mentorship to writers and support to peers.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $142,000 – $152,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Use writing and content design skills to create UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well on-boarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives; Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; identify opportunities, establish priorities, secure resources, and manage stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers; Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to junior UX writers and educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing and content strategy throughout the product development process.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Expected salary: $142000 – 152000 per year
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 07:01:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!