Job Vacancy Senior Transportation Network Analyst Williams-Sonoma
Job title: Senior Transportation Network Analyst
Job description: About Williams Sonoma – Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams – Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million – $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
This position is responsible for analyzing and interpreting complex business data, providing valuable insights, and contributing to strategic decision-making processes. As a Senior Transportation Analyst, you will collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business needs, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive the successful implementation of innovative solutions.
The Senior Transportation Analyst position is in Memphis, TN.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will….
- Conduct in-depth analysis of business data, trends, and performance metrics
- Utilize statistical methods and tools to derive meaningful insights
- Present findings in a clear and concise manner to support informed decision-making
- Act as resident SME and System administrator for several key Transportation Management Systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elicit, document, and prioritize business requirements
- Conduct thorough business process analysis to identify areas for enhancement in operational efficiency or cost reduction
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between business needs and technical solutions
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic initiatives
- Provide input into business planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Identify and recommend opportunities for business process optimization and efficiency
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders across different departments
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Act as a liaison between business units and IT teams to ensure effective communication and understanding
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, engineering, data information systems, or other related field, or equivalent professional certificate in coding bootcamp, in lieu of degree
- At least 1-3 years of experience in as Business Analyst, with a focus on senior- level responsibilities
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques with an emphasis on current BI software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in business analysis
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master of Business Administration
- Experience in any of the following preferred: Manhattan TMS, Qlikview, PowerBI, Tableau, Yardview, Alteryx, Talend, and ETL software
- Project management experience
- Previous transportation experience
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Able to bend, reach, squat, climb stairs/ladder
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit
Location: Memphis, TN
Job date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 23:08:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!