Job Vacancy Senior Telecommunications/UC Engineer Ropes & Gray
Job title: Senior Telecommunications/UC Engineer
Company: Ropes & Gray
Job description: JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for providing vision, direction and telecommunication services in a global, multi-site environment. Must perform analytical, technical and administrative services for all Components included within the telecommunications infrastructure. Manage relationships with numerous telecommunications service providers and maintenance vendors. Research and oversee implementation of new technologies to meet the changing needs of the firm. Evaluate technologies and develop applications for VoIP, SIP Trunking, Unified Communications, and other projects as assigned by IT management. Relies on extensive analysis and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within multiple, concurrent projects. Identify issues and the appropriate courses of action in support of the voice environment of the Firm. Produces appropriate documentation for telecommunication projects including project plans, training materials, marketing materials, and notifications. Must stay informed of changing technologies related to all aspects of voice services.
- Manages enterprise IP PBX telephone system, enterprise voice system, its peripheral equipment, voice circuitry and related voice applications.
- Extensive knowledge of call delivery over the WAN, SIP trunking, voice mail, PC Consoles, call detail recording and remote administration.
- Determines capacity/hardware requirements for expected and unplanned growth and implements equipment to meet needs.
- Plans and executes changes to systems and network through hands-on programming and coordination with multiple vendors.
- Plans and executes the programming required to support local and remote office locations and their effect on the telephone system.
- Familiar with cloud-based telephony systems and migration strategies.
- Manages relations with primary and secondary technical PBX/ network support vendors at all office locations. Coordinates and supervises service provided by vendors.
- Manages firm-wide relations with local and long distance carriers. Determines service utilization requirements and manages the provisioning/termination of circuits to maintain an economic and efficient voice network infrastructure.
- Works closely with other IT groups to maintain and adjust network requirements in a shared infrastructure environment. Co-develop infrastructure growth plans and strategies for effective implementations.
- Provides end user instruction in use of the features of the firm’s telecommunications systems.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, such as interdepartmental team projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Six to eight years of telecommunications experience.
- One to five years of VoIP and UC application experience
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet demanding deadlines.
- Experience with Avaya Aura version 8 components including session border controller, session manager, communication manager, media server, Breeze and Device Services.
- Strong knowledge of data networks and network features..
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Must be flexible and respond quickly to shifting demands with ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
NY Comprehensive Total Rewards Package
Ropes & Gray is proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to our business support team members. The firm also offers comprehensive health and well-being benefits, personal and professional development, career growth opportunities and a collegial and supportive culture. The anticipated pay range for this role is $122,500 – $184,000, which represents our good faith and reasonable estimate of the starting salary range at the time of posting. In addition, this role is eligible for a discretionary bonus based on performance. The actual offered rate for this position will be determined based on job-related, non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data and consideration of internal equity.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Participates in On Call rotation for support of the voice infrastructure and services.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Expected salary: $122500 – 184000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 05:42:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!