Job Vacancy Senior Telecommunications Network Architect ScottishPower
Job title: Senior Telecommunications Network Architect
Job description: Senior Telecommunications Network Architect
Job Title: Senior Telecom Network Architect
Reports to: Manager – Telecommunication Architecture
Reporting hybrid to Rochester, NY, Orange, CT, Boston, MA, Augusta, ME, Binghamton, NY or Portland, OR
Salary Range: 87,000- 124,000
Senior technical resource responsible for DWDM and IP/MPLS system planning, engineering, project management, and documentation.
- Acquisition, analysis, documentation, implementation, scheduling, and support of layer 1 to layer 3 communications hardware, software, and their facilities.
- Resolves complex technical facility, hardware, and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools.
- Manages and maintains up-to-date documentation and procedures that define the operability of telecommunication, routing, switching and optical systems.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and products.
- Monitors system performance and perform capacity planning by assessing reports and making recommendations for improvement.
- Interfaces with engineering, field technicians and Network Operations Center (NOC) to ensure proper escalation during outrages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Lead Telecom Request for Proposal (RFP) development efforts.
- Direct engineering/construction contracting firms and ensure successful achievement of project goals.
- May function as a lead position providing guidance, coordination, and training for internal teams.
- Lead Standardization efforts and establish processes for networks across the north east.
Skills and Requirements
- Project management skills including scheduling, cost tracking, development of task plans, and progress/status reporting.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a network engineering/planning role
- BS/BA Degree in a technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge of DWDM, IP/MPLS, Microwave and SONET network systems, i.e. system installation and configuration.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Proficiency in the design, configuration, and implementation of DWDM, IP/MPLS, Microwave and SONET systems.
- Familiarity with providing services to customers of all sizes across diverse network architectures.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam,
background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [email protected]
Expected salary: $87000 – 124000 per year
Location: Portland, NY – Rochester, NY
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 04:43:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!