Job Vacancy Senior Telecommunications Deployment Engineer GovCIO
Job title: Senior Telecommunications Deployment Engineer
Job description: Overview
GovCIO is currently hiring for a/an Senior Telecommunications Deployment Engineer. This position will be located in North Charleston, SC.
Provides installation, technical expertise, and training for all telecommunications equipment and components. Installs, configures, terminates and tests all telecommunications equipment, cables, connectors, and interfaces. Performs intricate alignment and calibration procedures to ensure telecommunication systems are operating efficiently. Maintains telecommunication equipment and component inventory, asset management, media production equipment and facilities as well as fixed installations at various company and/or client sites. Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation. May supervise telecommunications technicians, outside contractors providing technical support and media production services.
1. Responsible for engineering and/or installation activities within the telecommunications function including network design, engineering, implementation, diagnostics and operations/user support.
2. Monitors the operation of telecommunication network systems and transition mediums.
3. Performs complex tasks relating to telecommunication network operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
4. Serves as technical specialist for the resolution of complex network problems.
5. Provides field reporting as required.
Associate’s with 5-8 years (or commensurate experience)
Clearance required: Public Trust
must be able to obtain Public Trust clearace
Required Skills and Experience
Below is a non-comprehensive list of technologies that the technician may encounter. The ideal candidate will understand the purpose of these technologies and have some experience with them, or with equivalent technologies:
- Cisco IP audio and video enpoints, Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Expressway Meeting Server (CMS), Meeting Management (CMM), Telepresence Management Suite (TMS), Prime, and Identify Services Engine.
- Broadsoft Cloud
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Avaya technologies including audio/video components, Communicator, One-X, Application Enablement Server (AES), and the following at version 6.0 or above: Communications Manager, Session/System Manager, and Aura Messaging.
- Polycom DMA, Real Presence, and endpoints
- Splunk (syslog)
- ICAM / Single Sign On methodologies (SSO) / Certificates
- InfoBlox / Akamai
- SIP routing, dial pattern and number translations, E.164 routing, PRI as well as standards-based codecs, to include codecs from Cisco and Polycom
- Video Conferencing Services (VCS) infrastructure
- Unified Communications and Video conferencing, including but not limited to: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, TEAMS, UCCX, Expressways, Jabber Client, SIP, H.323, and QoS
- Session Border Controllers (SBC), Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBEs)
Preferred Skills and Experience
CCNA or above
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can’t do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things – for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range
USD $85,000.00 – USD $93,000.00 /Yr.
Location: North Charleston, SC
Job date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 07:43:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!